Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Am I the only one who has a giggle at some mod builders/cloners/resellers?

Am I the only one who has a giggle at some mod builders/cloners/resellers?

When they rave on about "all copper firing pin", "solid brass positive terminal" etc when the rest of the mod is SS?

Other than the fact the brass or copper is easier to work than the SS it all seems so pointless. I cant see that you are going to increase the resistance of the mod by more than 0.01 Ohms using SS for the lot.

If all mods were copper or brass there would be no variety and all would be boring. SS has an appeal to it, a cheaper cost and is quite possibly easier to work with.

I love stainless, if I couldn't get SS mods I wouldn't have many. As they are the majority hit harder than a freight train.

Just my 2 cents.
    Olfella likes this.

Oh, no argument on the utility, ascetic appeal and versatility of SS, it's the talking up of the little brass/copper bits as though they will make the mod the best available.

I'll be using brass in the button/top cap assembly as it is easy to machine and form, but it wont be the "OMFG! THIS MOD IS SUPER BECAUSE XXX" reason.
    Juzm likes this.

AVF Regular
    yeah, i have a laugh sometimes. the hype is pretty out there with some of them

AVF Regular
    After 2 years vaping, I still use cigalikes, and don't really get the whole mod thing.

I couldn't be bothered carrying around anything larger than a pencil, and having tried a lot of mods, I don't believe they offer a greater experience than a quality cigalike. Plus they leak and gurgle.

No.1 troll pleski, that'll get some people fired up

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

AVF Regular
    The great thing about vaping is pretty much summed up in this thread. There are people who love cigalikes, and that's all they'll ever need, and at the other of the scale there are people who strive to lower their voltage drop to as little as possible so they can fill their lounge room with massive vapour clouds. Most of us are somewhere in the middle, and at the end of the day it's all good.
    floorzone2, jen, ultravape and 2 others like this.

Hype? I don't think so. Here is a review of the Nemesis. Watch the voltage drop comparison with the Chi You at around 5 minutes. Was it a waste of time for Atmomixani to use silver contacts?

Milkman_ and ultravape like this.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    I swapped out the SS hardware in the Zen Sidewinder to brass and it made a huge difference, it actually made it usable. Drop under load went from 3.3V to around 3.8V from memory. So it must do something.

Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    I swapped out the SS hardware in the Zen Sidewinder to brass and it made a huge difference, it actually made it usable. Drop under load went from 3.3V to around 3.8V from memory. So it must do something.
    Absolutely. I can't wait for the brass Nemi. That thing has to be insanely good. By the way, the same reviewer tested the brass chi you and it was better (marginally) than the nemi in that review.
    Milkman_ likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast