Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Anyone else not a fan of the 510 connection?

Anyone else not a fan of the 510 connection?

Now that mods and atomizers are getting bulkier, the 510 connection is feeling more and more flimsy. I get that it works when using cigalikes and whatnot, but i wonder if it'll remain the standard or people will try to move away from it. Personally, I hate the 510.
    Thoughts?

Super Moderator
    eGo (M12x0.5) is a good size ...
    MrGruffy likes this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    I think that unfortunately we are stuck with the 510 connection, since most products come out of China & this is the standard they are working with.
    The eGo connection is not widely used but even when it is, the 510 connection is often used with it.
    Juzm likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    There has been threads on this before. Kind of stuck with it, as it became the most popular. Kind of won the beta wars of 510/901/801 etc
    Last edited by ckane; 26-07-13 at 09:29 PM.
    Move along!!! Nothing to see here.

AVF Regular
    You got to remember that all this stemmed from cig-a-likes.
    Move along!!! Nothing to see here.

AVF Regular
    i know i haven't seen all that many things compared to what's out there, but the only ones i've seen with the ego connection is the kanger gear. everything else seems to be 510. even the things with the ego "skirt" built in, like the stardusts. what else other than kanger stuff does use the ego connection?

Raa
    I'm not sure what is to dislike about it?
    If the thinking is that there isn't enough surface area for the connection to deliver power.. think about what is going on on the other side of the connection. A thin piece of wire and a small solder joint.

Personally I think that having something that is close to a "standard" is a good thing.
    Juzm likes this.

As someone who is in the process of building a mod from scratch I know I'd rather have an easy to find thread (in terms of taps and dies), M8 X 1.0 would be nice as they're easily available and more sturdy.
    MrGruffy likes this.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by KamaKaZzie View Post
    As someone who is in the process of building a mod from scratch I know I'd rather have an easy to find thread (in terms of taps and dies), M8 X 1.0 would be nice as they're easily available and more sturdy.
    510 (M7x0.5) and eGo (M12x0.5) taps and dies are available ... just not at your local hardware store. 510 threaded devices are adequate until you drop it, but I have only dropped a device once in 18 months (buggered it though)
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    I think in the long run a more important thread size is the tube threading. There is nearly a couple of semi standards, but if there was a standard the after market and modders could remove the need for the 510 altogether and every APV becomes a hybrid
    gtadmin and kostanz like this.

I now have pretty much everything I could want, next step is making my own mods and juices, watch this space er cadet....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast