Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By roscobosco
  • 1 Post By dvietrod
  • 1 Post By roscobosco

Thread: gus centrepin fix + littelfuse (would work for paps etc)

gus centrepin fix + littelfuse (would work for paps etc)

not that the paps pin needs fixing... but the fuse could be added as they're threaded the same...

so the grappy gus centrepin hotspring melted on me a few times and got a bit fed up with it. went to bunnings count find any brass m5 screws to trim. bugger.

only the gus site i saw the hays had started using these fuses that i had been looking at on ebay a while back. had ordered these tiny off ebay about a month ago, they're 7amp fast blow, which sounded about right. popped the pin in upsidedown, sans spring and threw the little fuse in the hole. voltage drop from the hot spring gone, plus better protection than the spring . (only blown one fuse so far rebuilding the ol problematic aga, should been doing it on the svd).

the combined length of the pin+fuse seems to be perfect with my igo/aga/oddy (ie the battery aint shaking about). i guess a funnily placed centrepin on a atomizer might mean adjusting the pin up meaning not so fight a fit....

i'll dig up the ebay link if anyone's interested. they're called littelfuse (spelt like that). for a little blisterpack of 10 fuses it was about 5 bucks inc shipping. defs cheaper than the "2 cent" fuse :P

1.jpg2.JPG3.jpg
    Last edited by roscobosco; 28-07-13 at 04:45 AM.
    floorzone2, teebone and DEATHGUYJ like this.

AVF Regular
    link would be good rosco,cant find them.looks good,safer than my straight through bit of solid brass.
    RIP VP

AVF Regular
    what fuse number is it?

I would be interested in a link also, couldn't find anything on ebay

Littelfuse is a manufacturer, Link: Search Results - Littelfuse

AVF Regular
    I'm guessing it is the 458 series, but i'm only basing that on pictures and amp rating nothing else

20pcs FUSE 7A 125V FAST Acting NANO2 SMD 451series Littlefuse

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20pcs-FUSE-7...item5af2b1512a

Size / Dimension
    0.240" L x 0.106" W x 0.106" H (6.10mm x 2.69mm x 2.69mm)
    lheamfrg likes this.

here ya go guys,
    10pcs Littelfuse Fast Acting SMD Fuse 1808 7A 125V | eBay
    it's from shenzhen so give it a coupla weeks for postage
    lheamfrg likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by roscobosco View Post
    so the grappy gus centrepin hotspring melted on me a few times and got a bit fed up with it. went to bunnings count find any brass m5 screws to trim. bugger.

only the gus site i saw the hays had started using these fuses that i had been looking at on ebay a while back. had ordered these tiny off ebay about a month ago, they're 7amp fast blow, which sounded about right. popped the pin in upsidedown, sans spring and threw the little fuse in the hole. voltage drop from the hot spring gone, plus better protection than the spring . (only blown one fuse so far rebuilding the ol problematic aga, should been doing it on the svd).

the combined length of the pin+fuse seems to be perfect with my igo/aga/oddy (ie the battery aint shaking about). i guess a funnily placed centrepin on a atomizer might mean adjusting the pin up meaning not so fight a fit....

i'll dig up the ebay link if anyone's interested. they're called littelfuse (spelt like that). for a little blisterpack of 10 fuses it was about 5 bucks inc shipping. defs cheaper than the "2 cent" fuse :P
    I replaced my springs with a paps telscopic. Think I'll get some of these anyway for the vapekit. Finally found the desc on the Gus site and they're using 5a fuses (10 euros for 7 sounds a bit pricey to me though!)

yeah i went for the 7amp as a fresh battery and anything coil less that one ohm would mean coming too close to blowing the fuse. theoretically in a short the ampage is huge, whatever the max output of the battery is so no need to use ones so close to the operating range..
    and yeah, waaay more expensive on the gus site.. and trust me, i've ordered from them before, the shipping takes just as long from greece as it does china, even when you pay close on 20eur for postage!