Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By urecia
  • 1 Post By Toddosh

Thread: Macaveli 18350 shorting

AVF Regular

Macaveli 18350 shorting

Hey guys just purchased this and the firing button seems to stick at times and heats up,put the multimeter on it and volts are all over the place when you fire it,only running the one wick so took the other ground screw out to eliminate that as a cause,the other is close to the centre pin but there is a gap,have cleaned both top and bottom pins as well,the voltage variance is with a wick and coil in and out,is this a common thing?any tips would be great,cheers

AVF Regular
    Is it the SS? Maganetic switch? is the magnet insulated? It should not stick the magnets have a pretty decent opposing force. The throw may have been adjusted with an extra washer for a specific battery like flat top efests. Last of all I would check the center pole to see if its still insulated properly. Like no damaged insulator where the post might short out.

Anyway careful inspection needed, to find the short path

I now have pretty much everything I could want, next step is making my own mods and juices, watch this space er cadet....

AVF Regular
    i did a quick and simple fix. Disassenle the bottom switch completely. Wrap 1 piece of aluminium foil around the bottom piece where you push the button. Slide the button back in the bottom ring piece. Make sure the aluminium foil is only a thin piece and this will give you a proper contact with you bottom base/battery tube. And then put everything back together. It should fire perfect now
    Toddosh likes this.

AVF Regular
    Yes it's the ss with magnet,I think the reason it sometimes sticking maybe arching,will pull the top down completely to have a better look but the insulation I can see does look good,will try the alfoil a go as well,the firing button has got a washer so will try taking that out,I'm using nipple aw imr,
    Last edited by Toddosh; 28-07-13 at 07:08 PM.

AVF Regular
    Sorry to hear that dude, I had some issues with the button sticking but I thought it was normal of the recessed button and that's why I sold it... Sticking with normal style bottom buttons and side buttons from now on.

Invested in vaping so far: Stopped counting Break even in: Never! And that's OK
    "We don't inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"

AVF Regular
    All good genoxy,I new it wasn't new so wasn't really woried as there really can't be to much to go wrong,just tried urecia's suggestion now hitting hard every shot and no more sticking,cheers guys problem solved,love this forum
    urecia likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddosh View Post
    All good genoxy,I new it wasn't new so wasn't really woried as there really can't be to much to go wrong,just tried urecia's suggestion now hitting hard every shot and no more sticking,cheers guys problem solved,love this forum
    glad it worked. Took me 2 days to make it fire properly.