Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Igo-w

AVF Regular

Igo-w

So, after only two weeks vaping, I decided to go and order an IGO-W from vapeking.
    It comes with spare wick and coil wire, but I should imagine I'll be needing some replacement pretty soon.
    What do I need to know about RBAs, coils and wicks? I have my multimeter ready.

AVF Regular
    YouTube is a great place to gather most of the info you need to set up RBA's
    here's Todds review and coil build on the IGO-W,

best to get a decent amount of kanthal wire and wicks, as to what gage, that really depends on what sort of device it going on, generally 28g-30g seems to cover most bases.
    DEATHGUYJ and Usernametaken like this.

Stopped Smoking On the 4/7/13..Guess when i started Vaping

I love the IGO-W, the holes in the posts make it very easy to rebuild. FWIW, I use 2mm wick, doubled over on itself and wrap 5 turns of 32 guage kanthal tightly on it, that gives me 2.2 ohms every time. I have never set it up with double coils though. Remember to adjust the position of the hole relative to the coil to adjust the vape. Good luck!

AVF Regular
    Well at least I have a mini viv, EVOD, BCG Puritank and ego-twist to play with until it arrives on Friday.
    It's started already, hasn't it....
    CindyC and TheDishD like this.

AVF Regular
    So yeah, looks like ill never pick up another stardust then.

AVF Regular
    I ordered one locally, It should be in tomorrow I hope , I'm going to go with a two coil setup, using 100% pure Aussie cotton or 500 mesh, I'll try the cotton first and If I like it, I'll stick with it. I don't like the 500 mesh as much as the 400 mesh.
    Jeff

AVF Regular
    and remember 2 coils halves the resistance. so 2 2.2 coils would give you a total of 1.1

AVF Regular
    apart from wrapping a coil right there are a couple of other tips

- Air flow is everything
    - Make sure the air hole is directly in front of the middle of the coil
    - Helps if the coil bottom is just above or level with the air hole and there is an un interrupted flow of air to it
    - the airhole it comes with may only be 1mm, most people will use a 1.2mm to 1.5mm hole, but start slowly as if you go to big too soon you cant make the hole smaller

- If you go for dual coils make them both the same ohm's and remember it will end up half the ohms off one coil with 2.
    - torch your silica until glowing to clean it prior to use.
    Mushman and darkhorsefkn like this.
    I have 50% Originals and 50% clones, am too lazy to try to change the world and bored with the whole debate

AVF Regular
    So the "comes with spare wick and coil wire" actually means "we'll give you an inch of each".
    No "spare" of either, just enough for a single coil. Bit miffed to be honest.

Yeah, I ordered some Kanthal and 2mm wick with mine. I figured I would botch the first couple builds and needed enough to get it right.
    Mushman likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast