Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Box Mods What's your favorite and why

AVF Regular

Question Box Mods What's your favorite and why

ok so I'm really liking the look of some box mods that are out there and possibly thinking of getting one. what I want to know is what do you guys think of them what's your favorite and what are your likes or dislikes of box mods and any pros and cons

I'm looking for one thats durable has a good feature set and possibly the ability to swap battery's so I can always have a charged one ready reasonable price would also be nice

aussie squonk box - the punisher - sig 100 watt - tesla series modded - vampire 26650 - modded chana - kamry 200 watt
    my etsy DEATHware

The "Billet Box"

Beautifully made and with the upcoming module to accept any 510 it has become my personal Must-Have Unicorn
    DEATHGUYJ likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by alegria View Post
    The "Billet Box"

Beautifully made and with the upcoming module to accept any 510 it has become my personal Must-Have Unicorn
    yeah that's a really nice piece I would love to own
    alegria likes this.

aussie squonk box - the punisher - sig 100 watt - tesla series modded - vampire 26650 - modded chana - kamry 200 watt
    my etsy DEATHware

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHGUYJ View Post
    yeah that's a really nice piece I would love to own
    Give it a couple of months and they should be reasonably easy to get hold of.

I have been holding off buying a box mod until they come out.

AVF Regular
    I've got a smoktech groove and 2 smoktech grippers. the groove has one up on the gripper in that it's vv/vw whilst the gripper is just vv. I don't find that a problem at all though. I use different setting for different things whether it be volts or watts, so have to change it one way or another. the groove has good battery life, but isn't passthrough, so you can't vape with it while it's charging. the gripper takes an 18650, so you can just swap batteries. for me, with little girly hands, I the gripper is the best, cos it's a fair bit smaller and fits beautifully in my hand. the groove always just feels slightly awkward.

they both check resistance on your coil and both tell how much battery life is left. the gripper is slightly wider than the groove, so bigger things like the smok dct's seem to fit on it better, while they hang out over the edge a bit on the groove.

they both do what they're meant to do and i'd recommend either one, but personally, i'd prefer the gripper. it really depends on the size of your hands and whether or not vw is an issue for you. oh, but if you get a groove, make sure it's the plastic one, cos the metal ones got recalled for blowing up on people. and another oh ... oh, and the groove is an absolute fingerprint magnet. actually, can you even buy grooves anymore? come to think of it, my groove did have problems and would have been pretty much unusable until mrg very kindly fixed it for me. go the gripper, for sure.

IMAG0344.jpg
    DEATHGUYJ likes this.

AVF Regular
    having said all that, I am really keen to try the new innokin box mod that's coming out, and the mvp is supposed be pretty darned good, too. the gruffy's have heaps of different box mods, so i'm sure one of them will be along to give pros and cons.

ps ... the epm's are a schmexy as hell but really exy
    Last edited by kay67kay; 01-08-13 at 01:15 PM.
    bk_renesis and DEATHGUYJ like this.

AVF Regular
    lol thank you Kay for that awesome post or rather posts and I will be considering the gripper as a possible choice I also like the look of the new innokin and there older box mod and have to say innokin make a decent quality product I base that on only owning an itaste v3 ofcourse. thanks again

my etsy DEATHware

AVF Regular
    ok guys lets keep this on topic please all trolling /attempted thread derails will be deleted
    alegria and magicman like this.

my etsy DEATHware

CMB
    AVF Regular
    The only Box Mod I have is the Reo Grand, it was my first mech mod and I still have it, just need to fix it after a dodgy atty fried it.

They are great as they take an 18650 battery, have an onboard juice bottle that will bottom feed your atty and are milled from a solid block of ally. Will easily last me a full work day in battery life and juice.

I think I will take it to work tomorrow and fix it up and get it happening again, thanks for the reminder
    lheamfrg and DEATHGUYJ like this.

Not really a box mod, but just got my 2nd iTaste MVP love it to death. The reason I got a 2nd one due to dropping it and "sorta" bending the 510 connector now catro tanks don't fit 100% flush and didn't want to break it while repairing and be out a MVP. The MVP survived a drop out my top pocket and worked fine apart from the slight bendy
    DEATHGUYJ likes this.

Daily Work Horse: iTaste MVP + Boge F16 Carto | Back-up: K100 18350/Kick + Boge F16
    Stand-by: iTaste SVD, Anyvape V2, 2x Ego-T 1000mha

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast