Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: What did you start with, what are you using now, and where are you headed?

Retired Account

What did you start with, what are you using now, and where are you headed?

I started with v2cigs - Outrageously overpriced cigalike, BUT good enough to get us off the ciggies in a week completely.
    Good flavours - I loved their menthol, even though I couldn't stand menthol cigarettes.
    I think it was the bitey throat hit of it. Downside was the very short battery life (less than 2 hours) and the lack of gruntiness.

Right now, 4 favourite devices. Evic, Provari, MVP and SID, with the last 2 being the ones I find most frequently in my hand.
    Great battery life in all of them. I'm using justfog top coil clearos with all of them, and vaping at 3.7v seems to be my sweet spot in all of them.

I'm pretty happy with the gear I've got now. The last couple of months, the only money we've spent has been for flavours and ceramic wicks for MrG's thingies.

Also use A7 drippers for playing around with flavours.

So.. what's your story?
    Last edited by mrsgruffy; 05-08-13 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Adding a dripper
    TheDishD likes this.

mods i started with vv passthrough - > vamo, evic, civ - > udt, sigeleis, vela clone, hybrids etc
    atomizer: stardust, vivi nova -> cartos -> genesis rebuildable
    juices: dekang, hanseng -> doublers -> overseas juices
    mrsgruffy likes this.

Super Moderator
    Started with a 510-T and a few tanks and atties for dripping, progressed through to a lavatube, the cheaper clone gennies like the AGA-T, etc and have finally settled on carto tanks, a Provari, a couple of kicked mech mods and dripping atties. Life is good.

trogs keychain mod > lavatube > provari > silver bullet > katana > insanity..
    been a dripper the day i started, and still am...
    mrsgruffy likes this.

AVF Regular
    Got off the smokes with these eGo XL cartomizer badboys. Sucked up more juice than I vaporised. Juice and syringes everywhere, but they were revolutionary for the time (circa mid-2011).

Then onto Boge cartos. Still a solid performer. Followed by these Smok clear mega cartos, 5ml! Worked OK, but got put off by seeing the juice turn brown if used for more than a week.

Back to smaller form factor Smok dual coil cartos for awhile. Then to the original Stardusts. Back to dual coil XLs in the original Liquinator (I remember the erhmahgerd moment when vapers realised they could tank a carto), then the Boge LRs in tanks. Stayed with that set up for quite a while. Tried dripping with 510 attys, hated it. Discovered DuDs, AGA-Hydra, Phoenix v2, AGA-T2, then moved onto various RDAs including the Immortalizer. Tried an EVOD and ProTank, but it was too late for BCCs to capture my interest.

Device-wise I've been fairly conservative. Various eGos in 650, 900, 1100mAh. Lavatube VV. Apollo E2 VV. Zmax v2. Vamo. SVD. Dipped my toe in the water with K100 as my first mech, and haven't looked back.

I've ended up mainly on mechs and RDAs with the occasional genny. Spend most of my time now looking at Pinoy/Asian mods and RDAs, together with cheap Chinese clones to tinker with. I don't see myself ever buying another digital device unless its something like a DNA20 or Nivel in a nice tube. I could also be tempted by a good looking squonker.
    Last edited by luntingsir; 05-08-13 at 02:32 PM. Reason: More detail.
    mrsgruffy likes this.
    ಠ_ಠ

my journey is just beginning
    but started on the ego-c
    moved to as svd and a k-100 to test mm
    startd with local juice from markets but got off that as soon as my first overseas juice order came in
    like my pro tanks and v3 clearomizers and happy with my rsst
    future plans consist of a provari and a good mm, nemesis,paps lux poldiac etc
    not sure where im headed atm but i can see myself having a few mods for sure, mixing my own juice and vaping for a long time
    the vaping is my alternative for my nic addiction but the rest of it will turn into a hobby for me for sure
    mrsgruffy likes this.

AVF Regular
    Disposable
    510 Joye
    eGo/Stardust/Justfog
    eGo/carto tanks
    Mods/carto tanks/glass bottomfeeders

Happy with these for now, but have the stuffs to try rebuilding my own coils/wicks when I get time and peace enough to have a proper go.
    Last edited by essiemessy; 05-08-13 at 12:52 PM.
    mrsgruffy likes this.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

AVF Regular
    Started on a 'hydro' cigalike, lasted 4 days until I found a forum member who supplied me with an ego t kit and enough juice to get me by till os juice came in.

Now I use an MVP sometimes and I've just moved to a kanger protank from kanger t2s as I was sick of the dry hits and can't find a tcc I like . I use that with my vision spinner fatboy

I don't know where I'm headed lol in any aspect of my life. OT in mind I'd like to try dripping and learn more about voltage:wattage interactions. I'm happy just learning theory really in the meantime.
    Last edited by fifthflo; 05-08-13 at 12:55 PM.
    mrsgruffy likes this.

ego c twist 1000mAh>itaste vv>mechanical
    clearomizers>cartotanks>RBA
    mrsgruffy likes this.

Tops : AC9 / Cobra / Kayfun Lite / Killer 705 / SS Steam Turbine
    Bottoms : Atmizoo Roller SS-IM / Super T Precise ELA
    Lists : Senesis

I actually first attempted to quit smoking with an ecigarette about two years ago. I started on a couple of 510s from a place called egar.com.au (not sure if its still around) and they had little foam filled cartridges you had to fill. I got hold of some juices from a place called ecigz.com.au here in Perth (they seemed to have disappeared?) but alas my stint only lasted about 6 weeks as I went overseas to Europe and back onto the stinkies there.

Second attempt which was in February this year, (boy, had so much changed in the Vaping world) I started out on the Patches and vaping with Ego's and non nic doublers from Evape. Around March I came upon VapeBar and this is where things took off for me. Was introduced to the Ego Twist, VB doublers, and thy're ejuice forum where it was advised I ditch the patches and try nic in my juices because I was struggling and so my journey continues!

Since my twists (which are my mainstay) I have bought spinners and a Lavatube clone. My juices evolved from Evape to VapeBar which some are still my favourites to more locally made ones such as VM and JW to overseas USA mixed ones. I haven't tried asian mixes I must say, seemed to have never come up as an option for me.

As for where I am going? Hmmmm, not really sure as I am still kind of making sure I stay off analogs, (actually this morning was the first time in a while I actually woke with a craving for an analog :-0) but I know I would eventually like to be off nicotine so I guess cutting down my mg's over the course of time is my aim atm :-)
    xox
    mrsgruffy likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast