Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: voltages seem to be different. i don't get it

AVF Regular

voltages seem to be different. i don't get it

I've got 2 grippers and 2 X6 batteries. the lowest voltage on the X6 is supposed to be 3.6v. at this setting, my vks slotted cartos work just fine. when I put them on the grippers, tho, I have to use them at 3-3.1v or they taste really burnt and nasty. I don't get it. surely 3.6v on one battery would be the same as 3.6v on any other one? why do the grippers make stuff burnt at 3.6v while the 3.6v on the X6's is fine?

AVF Regular
    Yeah, I don't get it either. I have to run my bottomfeeders on 3 and no more for the same reason.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

AVF Regular
    I might have to get a multimeter to see exactly what they're putting out. I dunno. a cheap one is only about 20 bucks, I think

I'm not exactly sure but MAYBE there's a restriction programmed on the X6 to not allow you to go passed 8watts or whatever, I'm not sure what the VKS slotted ohms are at but if it's at like 1-1.3ohms the X6 could be restricting it to 3-3.3 volts while your Gripper is still giving the real voltage of 3.6ohms
    Last edited by Meeuwsy; 05-08-13 at 01:43 PM.

Its likely the old saga continuuing between rms and non rms voltage displays, I think the gripper boosts and then is putting out the incorrect average voltage instead of rms. problem is .. a multimeter will display something closer to the average voltage and not rms volts.

eg .. if the boost voltage is 5v
    gripper set to 3v average .. is 60% duty cycle.
    the actual rms voltage is however sqroot(5^2 * 60/100) = 3.87v

I _think_ the gripper is 5v .. not 100% sure.

TLDR .. not all batterys are the same.
    luntingsir and DEATHGUYJ like this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    good thought, meewsy, but the cartos are around 2.2ohm, so nowhere near 8 watts. and the X6 is a pretty cheap adjustable voltage battery which probably wouldn't recognise a watt if it saw one ... lol. it can be set to 3.6, 3.8 and 4.2 watts. not vw feature or anything.
    Crisscross likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kay67kay View Post
    it can be set to 3.6, 3.8 and 4.2 watts. not vw feature or anything.
    umm .. volts..
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    SQUEEEEEE!!!! STONEY!!!! *huggles* where ya been??? omg. I've missed you. HI

edit ... I missed your first post. we musta posted at the same time.
    edit again ... ummm ... yeah, volts ... lol
    MrGruffy likes this.

AVF Regular
    I'll stick my gripper on my ECD later, I have to run mine at 3v or 3.1v or standard stuff tastes burnt poo.
    Ever slightly off topic, my day is complete, 3 awesome mrsGruffy coffees, kay goes squee and Stoney posts. Ahhh, nice.
    kay67kay likes this.

AVF Regular
    ahem. ok. now that I've settled a bit, yes, that makes sense (as much as any of the really techy stuff does), stoney. and reassures me that my devices aren't going Stephen kingish on me

mrg ... it'll be interesting to see what your ecd says, and i'm glad you're having such a good day (squeeee)
    MrGruffy likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast