Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Which Clearomiser

Which Clearomiser

Hi All

Looking for some suggestions regarding clearomisers.

I'm new to Vaping, started about three weeks ago. Started off with an eGo-C Upgrade kit plus two clearomisers, a Vision Ego V3 (Stardust) and a Kanger T3S, to try.

Tried the eGo-C kit and it performed ok but a bit of a pain with the small capacity tank, having to refill regularly (had the odd leak but nothing to worry about).

Then gave the Kanger T3S a work out. The large tank capacity is great, good not having to keep refilling all the time. Gives a reasonably good vape although there is not a lot of resistance when vaping, bit like sucking through a straw if that makes sense. Main problem with the Kanger T3S is it leaks at the bottom into the battery head and after a little use starts to gurgle when used. With a real hard vape you can even draw up a little juice which is not ideal. Bottom line is I like the Kanger except for the leaks (I've now tried two units and they're both the same.) So do I have a dud batch or is this a common problem with the Kanger T3S?

I note that in his clearomiser shoot out Phil Busardo rates the Kanger T3 (not sure if there is any difference between the T3 & T3S) best of the batch he tested.

Next I tried the Stardust. Doesn't seem to leak, good resistance when vaping, lots of smoke but I must be doing something wrong because it tastes like absolute s*** and just about rips my throat out.

So does anybody have a clearomiser they would recommend that has a decent size capacity, doesn't leak and performs well?

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks
    Kevin

AVF Regular
    Mate both the kanger pro tank and the evod do well in my everyday take to work kit. While your at home have a try at some drippers VK have those little IGO-L jobbies at a reasonable price to try. If you like those then hit up Ben Cairns for a cyclone or an immortaliser.
    Caffeind likes this.
    My biggest fear is that I might die and my missus will sell my vape gear for what I told her it cost

Konstantinos Farsalinos Nothing will be offered to you. You have to fight for your rights....

AVF Regular
    ProTank 2 and EVOD (smaller tank size but great flavours) would be my top 2 suggetions mate. I am trying out an iClear30, but I am not that impressed by it.

Stopped Smoking On the 4/7/13..Guess when i started Vaping

Love my EVOD, haven't tried much else though.

AVF Regular
    Evods and protanks are both great although the evods can and do give the occasional dry hit. When your at home with nothing else to do but enjoy Then Id suggest you give dripping a go. Dripping will deliver flavour like nothing else but needs constant attention, kinda like a wife.
    My biggest fear is that I might die and my missus will sell my vape gear for what I told her it cost

Konstantinos Farsalinos Nothing will be offered to you. You have to fight for your rights....

basically what was suggested above

Quote Originally Posted by coal miner View Post
    ... although the evods can and do give the occasional dry hit.
    Hi Coal Miner,

Can you explain to me what a dry hit is? I did try and search the forums for an answer but both 'dry' and 'hit' were too short to search on.

Maybe a sticky with all the e-cig terms and acronyms would be a good idea.

Cheers,
    Caff.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by coal miner View Post
    Evods and protanks are both great although the evods can and do give the occasional dry hit. When your at home with nothing else to do but enjoy Then Id suggest you give dripping a go. Dripping will deliver flavour like nothing else but needs constant attention, kinda like a wife.
    They can do Coal, all i did was take one of the 2 top wicks and have not had a dry hit since, you can do that with the ProTanks as well

Dripping is indeed a great way to get the full body of flavours from a juice, can be a little tricky first few times, but the end results are well worth it

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Caffeind View Post
    Hi Coal Miner,

Can you explain to me what a dry hit is? I did try and search the forums for an answer but both 'dry' and 'hit' were too short to search on.

Maybe a sticky with all the e-cig terms and acronyms would be a good idea.

Cheers,
    Caff.
    Caff a dry hit is were not enough juice is wicked up to the coil, and all you get is a hot/burnt taste (like the coil is burning the juice) its not real nice, most times a good hard toot without hitting the fire button will bring enough juice to resoak the wick/coil, as i said sometimes need to pull the top off the atty and take off one of the wicks that sit on top of wick that has the coil wrapped around it. This allows more juice to flow into the coil area.

Oops sorry Coal if i jumped the gun answering a question directed to you..
    Caffeind likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDishD View Post
    Caff a dry hit is were not enough juice is wicked up to the coil, and all you get is a hot/burnt taste (like the coil is burning the juice) its not real nice, most times a good hard toot without hitting the fire button will bring enough juice to resoak the wick/coil, as i said sometimes need to pull the top off the atty and take off one of the wicks that sit on top of wick that has the coil wrapped around it. This allows more juice to flow into the coil area.
    Thank you very much for this concise and informative reply.

From the sound of it I thought it may have been something along these lines. Luckily for me I've never had such an occurrence, probably because I keep my tank full and upright most of the time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast