Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: RBA - Noob first impressions

AVF Regular

RBA - Noob first impressions

Recently got a Phoenix V5 (clone) from fasttech. I'm quite practiced at rebuilding vivi nova/protank so ripped out the 1.0ohm one that came with it, it was dual coil and vaped pretty good, but got shorts after a day, musta nudged the coil, anyway was a good excuse to rebuild. 2 things I noticed after rebuilding with folded 3mm wick single coil, 5 wrap 32 kanthal came out as 2.5ohm for first go.

1. Flavour -----> much better.
    2. Nic hit ----> a lot stronger

One thing that got me curious is the nic hit, this even happened with the factory coil, the nic hit seemed to be so much stronger, ie i could really feel it, vaping at 18mg or 24mg. Not that it was a bad thing, its a good thing as I find myself just vaping less.

Am interested to hear if this is a common thing with RBAs.
    lozza 82 and Hoey like this.

Rebuildables r a whole new level and cant compare when done right.
    When I dabbled in the RSST with ss mesh and 6 mg nic juice, it felt like 12-16mg, it was a real kick in the throat. I reckon I could go 0 nic relatively easy if I continue down that route of rebuildables. Ive put them aside for now cos I dnt have the patience.
    I have heard many times that people reduce their nic levels in RBA's
    tugboatofdeath and Hoey like this.
    Cigarette Addiction: 12 years Quit Smoking: 22.11.2011 Started Vaping: 22.11.2011
    ProVari V2, SmokTech 1.5 ohm dc carto, OCD Tank at 4.3 volts
    Vaping and Loving it

AVF Regular
    Yeah, I was on 18mg before RBA...........6mg now so I can chain vape on RBA.
    tugboatofdeath likes this.
    I refuse to subsidize an economy that largely benefits the Chinese Commie Party and the so called People's Liberation Army, its relatives and friends. More like an oriental Mafia than a political party.

Karl Rand.

AVF Regular
    yep...really smacks you in the face, i expected the flavour to be better, but not the nic hit as well. I'd only do this at home as i don't want to be dripping when i'm out and about.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tugboatofdeath View Post
    yep...really smacks you in the face, i expected the flavour to be better, but not the nic hit as well. I'd only do this at home as i don't want to be dripping when i'm out and about.
    Another reason people have several different devices on the go. Each device will give you a different experience too, depending on shape, airflow etc. I have five different types of RBA's on rotation using the same juice and each one gives me a different vape.

Loving it too.
    tugboatofdeath and Toddosh like this.

AVF Regular
    Could not agree more the lower the oms the better nic delivery I recon and taste but I don't go to low(.8) is the lowest for me with standard of1-1.2.Can chain Vape with store baught tanks at 18mg nic but drop it down to 9 or 12 on rba's

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    I don't drop my nic levels in RBAs, I might just be the odd one out
    I do find I get stronger TH initially on an RBA & I don't chain as much as I used to.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    I don't drop my nic levels in RBAs, I might just be the odd one out
    I do find I get stronger TH initially on an RBA & I don't chain as much as I used to.
    not alone, i'm 18mg the whole time. chain, then i don't pick anything up for a while

AVF Regular
    I've been on 18mg since I started vaping, but I'm thinking about dropping to 12mg or lower for sub-ohm coils. Built a dual coil recently at 0.7 and while it's good for the occasional wake-me-up or after a stressful day, I find that I get a few head spins if I chain.
    ಠ_ಠ

ooOOOoOOoOoOoOoOooooo, RBA's sound interesting. Had a Phoenix clone, Vaping Cobra or Fast Tech version on my list for a while but has been pushed back a few times because I wasn't liking the fact that you can't be on-the-go with them as they drip and don't hold too much liquid, I've thought about the tanks like RSST's and such.. but not sure how good a silica coil will hold up it those, have only seen them built with SS mesh and I'm not exactly confident with those yet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast