Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree10Likes
  • 3 Post By Robray
  • 1 Post By CCC
  • 2 Post By fabricator4
  • 1 Post By essiemessy
  • 3 Post By fabricator4

Thread: Lavatube Thingy Mod is Playing Up

  1. #1
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    5,301

    Lavatube Thingy Mod is Playing Up

    I don't know what the go is with this thing, but I'm finding it shuts down and lights up (not flashing) after one or two tokes.
    I fire it up again and it works for a toke, then lights up again.

    Is the board just dying prematurely or is there something I don't know about how these work? Battery is fine.

    It's a clone. Was my first mod, and my most expensive. Go figure.

    Any info or help would be great. Thanks in advance
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

  2. #2
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Posts
    6,590
    Quote Originally Posted by essiemessy View Post
    I don't know what the go is with this thing, but I'm finding it shuts down and lights up (not flashing) after one or two tokes.
    I fire it up again and it works for a toke, then lights up again.

    Is the board just dying prematurely or is there something I don't know about how these work? Battery is fine.

    It's a clone. Was my first mod, and my most expensive. Go figure.

    Any info or help would be great. Thanks in advance

    There is a possibility that whatever you have screwed onto it has deteriorated to the point of being very low resistance. Maybe try another atomizer or whatever you use??
    gtadmin, essiemessy and TheDishD like this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

  3. #3
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    5,301
    Thanks RR. I hadn't thought of that. I'll check it
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

  4. #4
    CCC
    CCC is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Gold coast
    Posts
    3,922
    Similar thing happens with my x6 batteries if I screw the vivi nova on too tight.
    essiemessy likes this.

  5. #5
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    5,301
    Thanks, CCC too. I tried loosening cartos/clearos off, but no change.

    I also tried different atties on the mod, and while not all of them made the display light up and shut the mod down, some still did.
    Resistance readings on all seem fine, according to the mod's board.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

  6. #6
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    5,301
    Back in its box it goes.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

  7. #7
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Toowoomba (West)
    Posts
    7,897
    Quote Originally Posted by essiemessy View Post
    Thanks, CCC too. I tried loosening cartos/clearos off, but no change.

    I also tried different atties on the mod, and while not all of them made the display light up and shut the mod down, some still did.
    Resistance readings on all seem fine, according to the mod's board.

    It's definitely presenting as a power problem. My Vamo V2 started doing this and I thought it was dead, but then I noticed that there was a speck of something on the battery post inside. Cleaning the post fixed it. It must have been making *just* enough contact to power on and set the parameters, but as soon as I tried to take a hit it would turn off.

    I've also had this with a wonky battery. Battery seemed fine, and would power a mechanical OK, but when I put it in the Vamo it acted like a flat battery. I would put the battery on charge and it could take no more power, but as soon as I demanded any load from it the voltage drop must have been pretty severe. I expected that if the voltage drop was that bad that I wouldn't get any vapour at all from the mechanical, but that was not the case. Very strange.

    If these suggestions don't help, try giving it an IPA (isopropyl alcohol, electronic cleaning solvent) bath to remove any contaminants out of the insides and dry thoroughly. I'm pretty sure one of these solutions will get it up and running again.

    My Vamo is going to need the cleaning bath at some point. The "up" adjustment button is starting to need a very little more pressure than it should, and I'm getting the odd misfire here and there which it never used to do. I've had the odd clearo and tank fumble fail over the months, and flooded drippers, juice on my hands, that sort of thing. I've always expected to have to give it an IPA bath at some point but fully expect it to return to full working order afterwards. I'm just waiting for it to become a real problem before it gets it's bath.
    essiemessy and TheDishD like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

  8. #8
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    5,301
    Thanks, F4
    I've just taken a cotton bud with isopropyl to the contact inside the tube (was only giving it a quick wipe with a dry one before this) and given it a good rub. Seems to have done the trick. Thanks for the tip. Much appreciated.
    TheDishD likes this.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

  9. #9
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Toowoomba (West)
    Posts
    7,897
    Quote Originally Posted by essiemessy View Post
    Thanks, F4
    I've just taken a cotton bud with isopropyl to the contact inside the tube (was only giving it a quick wipe with a dry one before this) and given it a good rub. Seems to have done the trick. Thanks for the tip. Much appreciated.
    I hope it stays that way! You've gotta love the easy fixes.
    Robray, essiemessy and TheDishD like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

  10. #10
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    5,301
    LOL thanks, me too! I'm no good at hard fixes... unless binning is a hard fix
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 07:54 PM.