Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Ikarus - thoughts?

Ikarus - thoughts?

Been contemplating getting one for awhile.

What are your thoughts of it?

xx
    fudgey

AVF Regular
    ive wanted one of these since i saw the v2 design, i think its gorgeous. only think i dont like is the tiny airhole. and i have no heart to drill it out. that plus peopel saying u need to switch out the spring or top cap pin or something to brass so it hits better. i dunno.

Ooo.. Don't like mods that I have to change out springs/pins though :/
    TheDishD likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fudgeball View Post
    Been contemplating getting one for awhile.

What are your thoughts of it?

xx
    fudgey
    Just sold one where were you?

They are a great little device, hit really hard with a uwick using ss rope, ekowool and flat ribbon wire. Only negative I had was the air hole like Bronco mentioned which was a bit hard drilling out because of the thickness other than that looks and hits awesome!

Sadly had to sell it though.

Hamouda - haha I was online doing my research on the chap :P
    Hamouda likes this.

AVF Regular
    i preferred the look of the V1

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamouda View Post
    Just sold one where were you?

They are a great little device, hit really hard with a uwick using ss rope, ekowool and flat ribbon wire. Only negative I had was the air hole like Bronco mentioned which was a bit hard drilling out because of the thickness other than that looks and hits awesome!

Sadly had to sell it though.
    ... And I bought it . Picked it up from the post office on my way to work yesterday afternoon. Instantly regretted not taking my build tools to work.

I've just got plain old 500 ss and 28g kanthal single wick style on it at the moment - the same setup as on my other stuff to do a bit of comparison (and to get a feel for the device). Can't wait to play around with different build types on it! (one of the reasons I bought it - as much as I love my Noble 1, it's not a very flexible deck for experimenting with).

I've only been using it for about an hour or two - so I've only got initial impressions.

Yes, it's very nice looking. More so in person, actually. It really suits the satin finish.

The threading is really nice. So it the button feel. And the locking ring is smooth (and works). Actually, the whole damn fit and finish is really nice. It feels very solidly built. I think I could beat my coworker's Provari to death with it .

One thing - adjusting for different size batteries is done via the screw on the bottom of the atty section as opposed to the button, which is slightly annoying when half of the batteries you have have concave negative ends from a certain crappy chinese telescope mod (but hey - that's totally my fault - I need new batteries).

Even without considering I did this build while near-asleep and it's only my first build on the device, it's vaping really well. It's a little tight in the build area due to the fact the washer on the positive post is pretty big - but if y'all looking at this end of the market then you have done enough building to handle it. It's still pretty easy to get a good build on it, the deck is really nicely laid out.

All in all, it's a very nice little mod. I'm liking it a lot.
    fudgeball and Hamouda like this.

AVF Regular
    i've had this brand new since last week. Been using it almost everyday and it has become my favourite hybrid amongst many others. Hits hard. Feels heavy and solid. I was going to polish out the media blasted finish but I’d grown to like this satin feel. Air hole is tight, but still produces heaps of vapour in my setup, so no complains on the vapour side of things. Flavor is not bad. The build quality is superb, threadings are smooth, ikarus etching is perfect. Would highly recommend this fudgee.

WIth the spring and washer, i have replaced it with the 2 nuts. The original washer was too big and was sort of in the way of the wick holes. 2 nuts sorts of improves it a lot more. Oh and mine extra 18500 tube came engraved as well. So 18350 and 18500 tubes both with ikarus logo on it.

Quote Originally Posted by urecia View Post
    Oh and mine extra 18500 tube came engraved as well. So 18350 and 18500 tubes both with ikarus logo on it.
    shut upppppppp

Quote Originally Posted by Fractal View Post
    ... And I bought it . Picked it up from the post office on my way to work yesterday afternoon. Instantly regretted not taking my build tools to work.

I've just got plain old 500 ss and 28g kanthal single wick style on it at the moment - the same setup as on my other stuff to do a bit of comparison (and to get a feel for the device). Can't wait to play around with different build types on it! (one of the reasons I bought it - as much as I love my Noble 1, it's not a very flexible deck for experimenting with).

I've only been using it for about an hour or two - so I've only got initial impressions.

Yes, it's very nice looking. More so in person, actually. It really suits the satin finish.

The threading is really nice. So it the button feel. And the locking ring is smooth (and works). Actually, the whole damn fit and finish is really nice. It feels very solidly built. I think I could beat my coworker's Provari to death with it .

One thing - adjusting for different size batteries is done via the screw on the bottom of the atty section as opposed to the button, which is slightly annoying when half of the batteries you have have concave negative ends from a certain crappy chinese telescope mod (but hey - that's totally my fault - I need new batteries).

Even without considering I did this build while near-asleep and it's only my first build on the device, it's vaping really well. It's a little tight in the build area due to the fact the washer on the positive post is pretty big - but if y'all looking at this end of the market then you have done enough building to handle it. It's still pretty easy to get a good build on it, the deck is really nicely laid out.

All in all, it's a very nice little mod. I'm liking it a lot.
    Glad you are liking it Fractal and when you do get a chance try to do the build I mentioned above with the uwick rope and you'll notice the massive difference.
    Enjoy buddy!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast