• 1 Post By poopoo
  • 1 Post By TheDishD
  • 1 Post By kay67kay
  • 1 Post By TheDishD
  • 2 Post By Rylee74
  • 1 Post By kay67kay

Thread: Charging 18650 issue

Charging 18650 issue

Hi all. I have a new(well, purchased a year ago but unused) trustfire tr001 from vapeking and this morning i put in it two 3400mah blazer batteries. At 8:10am i started them, by 3pm they were still charging. I had to leave work so i unplugged it and plugged it in at home. Its now 5pm and the unit is still showing its charging, there is no heat in the batteries. Is this normal or could i have issues??
    Baww.jpg

The charger>>> Trustfire TR001 Multi-Purpose Charger

The batteries>>>> 2X Blazar Protected Panasonic NCR 18650 B 3400mAh Lithium LI ION Battery Nipple | eBay

I have a no name 18650 that charges in about 4hrs, im guessing its about 2000mah. So i know the charger works, im just stressing that it wont charge these batteries. Also would unplugging it at work and plugging it in at home 'reset' the charge cycle? (im not aware that this charger discharges batteries).

Thanks in advance.
    "It's a Grower....Not a 'Shower'!!!" - Bender B. Rodriguez

AVF Regular
    maybe try taking one battery out and letting the other one go by itself and see that speeds it up a bit?

This is normal. It's a safety feature, they trickle charge when almost full till they are full.

Your options;

Take them off and use them

Or

Wait another 15 or so hours till you see a green light.
    Rylee74 likes this.

AVF Regular
    When you put in the Blazers did you then take them out and re-connected them after about 10 sec's?

"When charging protected batteries, always re-insert or pull back the batteries several seconds after charging commences.

This breaking of connection / interruption of the charging cycle will help ensure the over discharge protection mode of the battery is properly released and help prevent overloading the charger.

This step is especially important when the batteries are in protection mode or are fully drained."

This could be why its taking a long time plus the trust fire chargers are know to be very slow chargers... 14-16 hours for 2200mha 18650's so even longer for the most excellent 3400mha blazers!
    Last edited by TheDishD; 15-08-13 at 06:19 PM.
    Rylee74 likes this.

Stopped Smoking On the 4/7/13..Guess when i started Vaping

Thanks everyone Im resting easier now but I'm not happy with this charger, can you guys recommend a decent (but fairly priced) charger for 18650-18350 batts?? im happy with dual channel.
    Last edited by Rylee74; 15-08-13 at 06:23 PM. Reason: I really need to clean out the 3rd bedroom, unfortuneately there is too much of my wifes "must keep" there.

AVF Regular
    I got the nitecore intellicharger i4 from vapeking. very happy with it.

http://www.vapeking.com.au/nitecore-...ger-4-channel/
    Last edited by kay67kay; 15-08-13 at 06:36 PM. Reason: linky
    Rylee74 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylee74 View Post
    Thanks everyone Im resting easier now but I'm not happy with this charger, can you guys recommend a decent (but fairly priced) charger for 18650-18350 batts?? im happy with dual channel.
    its not dual channel but quad, and does everything from 18350 up to 18650, 1000mha charge rate in the 2 larger bays and 500mah charge rate in the 2 smaller bays
    Soshine 18650 AU S1 MIX III V3 18650 RCR123 Charger FOR Lithium ION Battery | eBay $50 with free shipping any questions supersport600 has a mobil number email and is fast at replying (AVF member too)

I have one and its great, no issues and fast charge times
    Rylee74 likes this.

Stopped Smoking On the 4/7/13..Guess when i started Vaping

Thanks again guys.. You have been a great help. You do realise if I get a 4 channel i'll have to get another mod or two to justify charging multiple batteries at once :P

Why not.jpg
    Olfella and TheDishD like this.

AVF Regular
    rofl. the nitecore is available in dual as well Nitecore Sysmax i2 Lithium Battery Charger (unless, of course, you're just looking for an excuse to buy another mod )
    Rylee74 likes this.