Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: BCC - any leaking issues on flights?

BCC - any leaking issues on flights?

I usually take a vision V3 clearo on with me and open the drip tip to avoid any issues with pressure change. I've had one leak on me before. I was just doing a dry burn on all my atomiser heads and the connector pin from my V3 just went down the sink!

I'm going to have to take my Protank Mini on board now. Has anyone had any issues with leakage due to pressure change? I can't really see how I could open the tank while on board to eliminate any buildup of pressure.

Thanks!

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Yes my Vivi Nova's leaked before I wised up and cracked them open a little. Dont know about the protank? I am assuming they are a carto tank, so they will not leak due to the tank being open to atmosphere? The pressure should just equalize? They may flood a little though.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

I've not taken capes on planes, but the key would be to remove all air from the tank so it can't change change volume and push the juice out
    MrGruffy likes this.
    Combined Vape tally - $1,202.36 since 18JUL13
    His and hers provaris just destroyed my break even timeframe!!

They resemble a carto but have a screwable atomiser head in the bottom. There is a hole which leads to the wicks and coil and this also runs down into the beauty ring and air holes.

I'm not sure if it will equalise or push all the juice out. Hmmm dilemma. Do I fill it right up to minimise air in the tank or have it low Tom minimise leakage potential. Won't the change in pressure effect liquid the same as air?

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Won't the change in pressure effect liquid the same as air?

Shouldn't do
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

I'll try that then. Hopefully wont look sus with a watermelon smelling stain on my pants when I get off the plane!!

My iClear30s leaked on my recent trip despite the juice being well below the wicks.

Definitely put all tanks and juice bottles in plastic baggies just in case. One of my vivi's leaked during a recent flight and I'm lucky I took that precaution or I would have been dealing with a nasty mess when I got back to the hotel!
    Noe likes this.

AVF Regular
    My clearos all leak everywhere as do my bottles. As a woman who doesn't pack carefully I'm used to leaky bottles etc, no biggie. It's annoying when it's in your hand and juice is leaking out the airholes!

Thanks! I put all my liquid in my checked in luggage so no biggi with leaks there. It all goes in a baggi to be sure there's no mistakes!

It's the leaky air holes I'm worried about!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast