Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Rylee74
  • 1 Post By mrsgruffy
  • 2 Post By suspect

Thread: Riddle me this Batman

AVF Regular

Question Riddle me this Batman

I have three US designed genesissss setups, and a couple from Europe. The US ones all have the neg screw on the right hand side of the wick and the others on the left?

Are all yanks left handed, or all Europeans right handed?

Personally being predominantly left handed I find having the screw on the rhs the easiest to set up, and all of the lhs I have initial problems with (including the AGA as well which is lhs)

When u flush the loo in the USA it circles opposite to us. BabyTroll.jpg
    mrsgruffy, Gresh11 and lheamfrg like this.
    "It's a Grower....Not a 'Shower'!!!" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Quote Originally Posted by Rylee74 View Post
    yeah but in europe its the same way as US so ur point is?
    If that doesn't work try a bigger hammer!

AVF Regular
    At least 10 characters of nope.

Retired Account
    Totally off topic.. BUT.. when I landed in the USA years ago, I popped into the loo at the airport, and went into one of the cubicles.. the damn thing was full of water! "Flooded!" I thought. Went into the next one.. same thing... and the next.. and the next, etc. It wasn't until I got to my cousin's house 5 hours later and found their toilet just as full that I realised they just have their loos practically full of water.. or did back then (25 years ago or so). Did I ever feel silly.. and busting!
    suspect likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsgruffy View Post
    Totally off topic.. BUT.. when I landed in the USA years ago, I popped into the loo at the airport, and went into one of the cubicles.. the damn thing was full of water! "Flooded!" I thought. Went into the next one.. same thing... and the next.. and the next, etc. It wasn't until I got to my cousin's house 5 hours later and found their toilet just as full that I realised they just have their loos practically full of water.. or did back then (25 years ago or so). Did I ever feel silly.. and busting!
    used to watch yankee shows on tele and the bully would stick the whimp's head in the loo and they'd come up soaking wet. always thought it was bull until someone told me that their loos are actually full of water. strange, hey

Quote Originally Posted by mrsgruffy View Post
    hmm is this maybe a strategy to reduce splash back? i myself use the toilet paper shock absorption method. or maybe we just have less water because we live in the desert. this must be a question for uncle gruffy
    bobbavet and fifthflo like this.
    If that doesn't work try a bigger hammer!

Quote Originally Posted by suspect View Post
    yeah but in europe its the same way as US so ur point is?
    Sorry for that reply, my explanation is as follows: My lack of education and experience lead me to believe that in the USA toilets flushed one way and in europe another (the reverse). I saw the comment regarding the atomisers being reversed regarding the negative pin as an opportunity to humorously parody this. Fortuneately you were able to highlight my stupidity by stating the fact that in Europe toilets flush the same way as the USA, thus making my point irrelevant and meaningless. For this I apologise.

AVF Regular
    Sorry for that reply, my explanation is as follows: My lack of education and experience lead me to believe that in the USA toilets flushed one way and in europe another (the reverse). I saw the comment regarding the atomisers being reversed regarding the negative pin as an opportunity to humorously parody this. Fortuneately you were able to highlight my stupidity by stating the fact that in Europe toilets flush the same way as the USA, thus making my point irrelevant and meaningless. For this I apologise.
    If I offended I apologise as well.
    If all things were equal, then northern hemisphere and southern hemisphere toilets would swirl in opposite directions due to the coriolis effect. In practice the minor differences in plumbing and water jets and hydrodynamic thingys makes the weak affect of coriolis negligible in a toilet flush situation. Is just me on a Friday night, again, sorry if my answer annoyed in any way.

I am able to stipulate via direct experience that European Cars are RHD and American LHD, could this be a more viable analogy that reflects and confirms the potential for a theorum regarding the atomiser dilema?
    Memes;Png (31).png