Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Provar vs Vamo with EVOD BCC

Provar vs Vamo with EVOD BCC

I really like the EVODs, and have been recommending them to people taking up vaping, but I have discovered that they have a tendency to become stuck on my SS Vamo -- the tube comes off, leaving the base and coil behind (usually, I notice this occurring, but if I don't ... juice everywhere). I'm at the point where I will probably pull out an Ego when it's time to use the EVOD.

No issues with the 510 thread on the Protank, and it has happened to a Stardust, but only once or twice.

I have just ordered a Provari, and am wondering if anyone has experienced the same problem. Also, is this a common issue with Vamo's, or have I just got a slightly dodgy one?

Overall, quite happy with the Vamo despite this, and looking forward to finding out how the Provari compares.

Edit: I just discovered the worst-offending EVOD doesn't screw onto my Ego properly either (it doesn't screw down far enough). I thus suspect the problem is likely with the EVOD, not the Vamo ... although it is possible that the Vamo caused the issue.
    Last edited by Sable Wyvern; 18-08-13 at 09:31 PM.

AVF Regular
    Nope not just the Vamo, had it happen on my SVD and eVic, i am just at the stage where if I am Using an EVOD i turn the device upside down and unscrew the EVOD that way, its become a habit now..

Stopped Smoking On the 4/7/13..Guess when i started Vaping

AVF Regular
    happened on my anyvape cvi also. juice everywhere. the evod now stays in the cupboard all lonely and stood in the leaky corner

AVF Regular
    maybe you're doing your evod up too tight on to the battery. it should only be lightly tightened. the base of the clearo should be tightened onto the clearo much tighter than you do the clearo onto the battery. apart from risking losing juice everywhere by the wrong part coming undone, you risk pushing the centre pin down on the battery and making it hard to use if you put it on the battery too tight. so try just not doing it up so tight. and try and get into the habit of turning it all upside down when you're taking the clearo off the battery, just in case.

any mod that has a recessed well has the potential to cause this problem. one fix could be to put a 510-ego adaptor on the mod. that way, the base of the clearo will be up out of the well, so you can grasp it as you undo it.
    Last edited by kay67kay; 18-08-13 at 11:34 PM.
    jen and keyboardmama like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDishD View Post
    Nope not just the Vamo, had it happen on my SVD and eVic, i am just at the stage where if I am Using an EVOD i turn the device upside down and unscrew the EVOD that way, its become a habit now..
    Grr ... I just emptied my AiV Lemon Cake from my EVOD into a Protank ... and it's not nearly as good. I really like EVODs, but this is a pain in the arse. Especially when it gets jammed on hard at work and I need to wait until I get home to get it off with pliers. Fortunately, I've always got a spare ego or two around.

Anything out there that vapes like an EVOD without this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by kay67kay View Post
    maybe you're doing your evod up too tight on to the battery. it should only be lightly tightened. the base of the clearo should be tightened onto the clearo much tighter than you do the clearo onto the battery. apart from risking losing juice everywhere by the wrong part coming undone, you risk pushing the centre pin down on the battery and making it hard to use if you put it on the battery too tight. so try just not doing it up so tight. and try and get into the habit of turning it all upside down when you're taking the clearo off the battery, just in case.
    After it first started happening, I assumed the same thing, and was careful to screw it on lightly ... but typically, this failed to make a connection. Screw it on tight enough to actually vape, and after a while they all just seem to start sticking.

It might be that I damaged the threads early on ... I have a few new EVODs on the way, and will see what happens if I'm extra cautious with them.
    Last edited by Sable Wyvern; 18-08-13 at 11:38 PM.

T7x
    AVF Regular
    Doing a clearo up too tight can destroy the clearo and ruin your battery / mod's threading. It's only got to be tight enough to not wobble and fire.
    It probably no longer fits your ego for 1 of 2 reasons, coil head not tight enough in the base or 2 you have damaged the threading in the evod by overtighening it to your vamo.
    '
    Do you know de way 👺

joe
    Quote Originally Posted by T7x View Post
    Doing a clearo up too tight can destroy the clearo and ruin your battery / mod's threading. It's only got to be tight enough to not wobble and fire.
    It probably no longer fits your ego for 1 of 2 reasons, coil head not tight enough in the base or 2 you have damaged the threading in the evod by overtighening it to your vamo.
    '
    you can use a knife to pull up the contact thingo on EGO batteries

AVF Regular
    here's some pics so you can see the difference

evod on a vamo without the adaptor IMAG0364.jpg

evod on a vamo with the adaptor IMAG0365.jpg
    jen likes this.

I'm leaning strongly towards the "screwed on too tight at some stage, damaged the threading" explanation. And once the problem starts, getting it onto the Vamo properly can almost certainly exacerbate the problem (I've noticed some of the worst offenders jumping the threads on the Vamo while I was trying to get them working).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast