Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Batteries and Mech Mods

Batteries and Mech Mods

Just have a few questions about batteries in mech mods, any advice would be much appreciated

When using batteries in my SVD it only goes from 4.1-3.3volts until it cuts out (apparently this is the safe range so as not to ruin a battery). When using batteries in a mech mod do I need to keep checking it so that it doesnt go lower than 3.3 volts? Or can I run it lower than that? (I would assume not)

Are protected batteries or the AW IMR ones better to use in a mech mod? Everyones raves about the AW IMR ones in general, do they last longer or something?

Any other safety things I should be careful of when using a mech mod?

Cheers

AVF Regular
    It is not safe to vape once the volts drop below 3.5ish. At first you can keep checking by putting them in your VV device, but you will notice a drop in vapor when they start running low and that is the indicator to change.
    IMR's are safer to use than protected and AW's are a brand recommended by many.

Batteries and charger are one thing you really need the best of.

Good luck.
    davee and sparhawke like this.
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

put it this way .. I can tell when the voltage drops below 3.6 just in vapour production, one min your blowing huge plumes. then the flavour will drop and vapour production will be reduced, I put it in the charger and its usually 3.5 or 3.6. have never seen it lower.

I guess Im my own VV mod.
    davee and suspect like this.

Sorry to butt in but, how long does a AW IMR 18650 usually last in a mech? Thinking of moving onto mechs but not sure if time will be a problem.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Meeuwsy View Post
    Sorry to butt in but, how long does a AW IMR 18650 usually last in a mech? Thinking of moving onto mechs but not sure if time will be a problem.
    18650's run time is going to be down to what sort of coil (high/low/sub ohm resistance) how much voltage drop there is on a device.. too many variables to give 100%correct answer, but on low ohm coil (1.0-1.4) and decent MOD you should get a full day of vaping (8 plus hours)
    Driesy77 likes this.

Stopped Smoking On the 4/7/13..Guess when i started Vaping

hard to say meeuwsy it depends how much you vape it, and how you build your coils in RBAs. im usually around 1 ohms with my coils sometimes lower i reckon i get a good 6 hours maybe out of a batt before it gets around 3.6 or so volts and the vapour and TH drop. sometimes less if im chain vaping. i think in a comparison to a VV/VW mod you get more battery life outta a mech because it doesnt have any extra electronics draining power. so if your using coils 1.3 ohms and up which can fire on a standard VV/VW mod on your mech you should get more battery life
    If that doesn't work try a bigger hammer!

18650 2200mah last me whole day on 1.1 ohm resistance. will last longer the higher your resistance gets. it really depends on your mah , the higher it is the longer it will last

now if only they can come out with 2200mah 18350

How long is a piece of wick.

But seriously if u take one drag a day .. prob a long time.

my 18650 in a bullet with nimbus atomizer running a 0.33ohm dual coil normal vaping usually a day/day and a half, my K100 with cyclone I think is a 0.6 coil 2 days

AVF Regular
    My provari cut out at 3.6v and on a mech you really do have a big drop in performance at around that,usually when the vapor production falls to much and it is pretty noticeable ill chuck them on the charger and they are always around 3.6-3.7.usually get around 4-5hrs on the 18490 but does depend on your mod and your coil set up.cheers

CMB
    AVF Regular
    It's a bit of a how long is a piece of string question, but I find my batteries last longer the lower the resistance as I'm taking shorter drags. What's maybe a 5 second drag at 1.3 ohms is about 1-2 seconds at 0.8ohms

As a general rule I find I get almost a full tank out of a Zen standard (big tank with 18650) and about half a tank out of a Zen mini (18350) before I need to swap the battery out which always seems to be at about 3.5-3.6V.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast