Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Are Clearomisers all fiddly?

AVF Regular

Are Clearomisers all fiddly?

Hey fellow vapers,

I'm still obviously still quite new to vaping. My kit consists of a couple of Ego twists and I've been running one genuine and 3 knock off EVOD clearos. One thing I've noticed is that these little buggers are quite fiddly. It seems that for each different eliquid I use, I have to change the coil setup. I've found that if I press down the air post too hard on top of the wicks I often get dry hits, though this seems to be dependant on the juice I'm vaping. (for the record I'm using all genuine EVOD 1.8ohm coils and the juice is 50/50 or 60/40).

Sometimes I've had success with puling the air post up a little, other times it takes quite a bit. Of course this means if I go to far i get gurgling and flooding. I've just now had a eliquid (Vape Dudes Buttery Nipple) that I've had to remove one of the flavour wicks to have it wick well, I'm concerned that it'll flood later on but I'll just see how it goes, before removing one of the flavour wicks it was near unvapable.

I've read elsewhere that people have had good success with replacing both flavour wicks with a single 2mm silica wick. I have some on order to try. Does anybody else have this experience?

Also, I got some CE5 (i think) top coil cleros with my EGO kit and have found the taste from them is pretty disastrous, does anybody else use these? If so, protips? So far I've put them aside and I'll probably bin them if I can't do something about the flavour from them.

Lastly, I've also got on order a carto tank and some of the slotted cartomisers from vapeking, I'm wondering if they'll require less work.
    DEATHGUYJ likes this.

Sounds to me like you're having more difficulty than you need to, but it also sounds like you know more about it than me.

I'm vaping on 70/30 through EVODS with no leaking or gurgling using original 1.8 Ohm coils (3.7V @ 8W). I haven't tried a lot of juices but any I have have been at 70/30.

I do, however, make sure the rubber grommet on the air post (in an EVOD) isn't sitting right down flush, and instead let the action of screwing the tank push the grommet down the last bit. This helps it 'seal' in my opinion.
    VapinCairns likes this.

AVF Regular
    Oh, to illistrate my point, i've finally got my VapeKing Monsta juice vaping well, i've covered up one air hole (knock off EVOD body), and removed one flavour wick and turned the bloody silicon cup on the air post upside down!

Vapes great now! haha.

T7x
    AVF Regular
    VK monsta was a huge pain for me, it's the amount of glucose in it I am pretty sure, I always turn the silicone cups upside down on evods and remove the top wick, seems to make them vape better. 40% vg leads to good flavour and will mean it always vapes well with these simple modifications.
    VapinCairns likes this.
    Do you know de way 👺

when starting out vaping i think everything can be a bit fiddly sometimes as you try to find a satisfying vape that works for you. once you do that and get setup you like its alot smoother
    If that doesn't work try a bigger hammer!

Get a Protank mini. No fuss, great vape!

2c

AVF Regular
    everything seemed terribly fiddly to me when I first started. now it's just second nature. it's a pretty steep learning curve but once you work out what gear works best for you, you won't look back

AVF Regular
    I've got a protank 2 in the mail, but I'm not sure just how different it will be since the coils are interchangeable. Crossing fingers anyway, I wouldn't be adverse to buying a protank mini later on to replace the EVODs.

AVF Regular
    All clearos are fiddly. All drippers are fiddly, all tanks are fiddly.....everything to do with vaping is fiddly.

Fiddly seems to be the price you pay to not be smoking yer nicotine.

But as Kay says, fiddly becomes easier once you figure out what kind of fiddly you are happy with.

CCC
    I find stardusts v2 to be the least fiddley because they are just disposable. You just fill them use them then chuck them after about 2 weeks of use. If you get funky taste with new clearo its probably primer fluid that comes in it. You can just vape past it or clean it out before use.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast