• 1 Post By Michael-Mikey-Mike
  • 1 Post By bugzme
  • 1 Post By CMB
  • 2 Post By studiovape

Thread: Questions about micro coils

AVF Regular

Questions about micro coils

Hey peeps on AVF!

So just a few questions on micro coils and coils in general. It's been a while since I ventured from what I know so I feel pretty noob in the micro coil area.

I'm shooting for a coil or micro coil around 1.1-1.5 ohm using 3mm silica wick. I plan to trial 28,30&32g kanthal. How many wraps should I be shooting for with a standard and a micro coil set up?
    I don't have much wire left to experiment with till new supplies come in so I have to make every build count till then. I only have a little bit of 32g left.
    So I will be starting with 32g tonight. I think I should be shooting for 5 wraps on 3mm wick for 1.3 ohm right? Not at home and stuck at work for another 6 hours so thought I'd get a head start by asking some gurus on here

Can't wait to try micro coils. They seem like they are the go at the moment. Any advice on both set ups would be highly appreciated

Cheers
    MMM
    DEATHGUYJ likes this.

2x SS GGTS, 2x GGTS, 2x UFS, 2x Ody + extension kit, 2x GG Slim, GGTB, 2x Provari, Reo Grand Kicked, 2 x cyclone with AFC, ERA RBA, 2x Quasar, 2x Tohb, 2x Zenith V2, Nemesis, Hades, Supermax, Copper Black Stingray JiB box mod and so much more

AVF Regular
    I find micro coils run hotter and require exceptional wicking scenarios.

If wire is not your best friend ATM prob best to stick with what you know until you have a delivery.

Micro coils you want about ten wraps.

Sent via Vape signal with my provari using a KFC refresher towel
    RichoVonBlack likes this.

photo images-4_zps2e1bab4e.jpeg

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Have a look on youtube for a guy called vapdivrr he has some great info. (Thanks to second_chance for the heads up)
    Last edited by CMB; 22-08-13 at 06:12 PM.
    RichoVonBlack likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael-Mikey-Mike View Post
    Hey peeps on AVF!

So just a few questions on micro coils and coils in general. It's been a while since I ventured from what I know so I feel pretty noob in the micro coil area.

I'm shooting for a coil or micro coil around 1.1-1.5 ohm using 3mm silica wick. I plan to trial 28,30&32g kanthal. How many wraps should I be shooting for with a standard and a micro coil set up?
    I don't have much wire left to experiment with till new supplies come in so I have to make every build count till then. I only have a little bit of 32g left.
    So I will be starting with 32g tonight. I think I should be shooting for 5 wraps on 3mm wick for 1.3 ohm right? Not at home and stuck at work for another 6 hours so thought I'd get a head start by asking some gurus on here

Can't wait to try micro coils. They seem like they are the go at the moment. Any advice on both set ups would be highly appreciated

Cheers
    MMM
    Hey MM, firstly what are you running the coil in?
    Secondly how come you are using silica, I'm not convinced it can cut it, rolled cotton is the best IMHO.
    3mm wick diameter is not going to give you a 'micro coil', micro coils are 'officially below 2mm ID.
    I am running a micro coil in my home made bottom feeder mod with rolled cotton at around 1 Ohm and it rocks.
    I also have a cotton setup in my rsst with a similar 0.9 Ohm 2mm micro coil.
    I have found 28g nichrome to be the best so far giving 7-10 wraps for 0.8-1.2 Ohms.
    ECF has lots of data on micro coils Micro Coils to increase Vapor, flavor & TH including lots of varios builds, some guys are going as low as 1.5mm ID, but I've had little luck with those.
    I plan to try some hemp soon so we shall see if that can keep up, I'm really not a fan if silca, but I know many are.
    find your drill bit of size choice and wrap your coil as snug as pos, then install your coil with drill bit, then remove drill bit and dry fire. I have found a quick squeeze of the coil with tweazers while it's still glowing gets all the wraps touching, just don't hold the fire button when you squeeze or POP.
    Then thread your rolled cotton add juice and watch it fill the coils snugly, let it saturate for a bit and vape, first three or four tokes take a bit cottony, but then it's flavor city.
    If flavor is not clean by then you have too much or too little cotton.
    sorry if this isnt much help, but just my experience of the micro coil.
    Last edited by studiovape; 22-08-13 at 07:16 PM. Reason: speeeelin, and clarification
    gtadmin and DEATHGUYJ like this.
    Vaping since July 2012.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzme View Post

All true "exceptional wicking scenarios" provided by dripper/bottom feeder with rolled cotton to name one.
    Vaping since July 2012.

AVF Regular
    If wire is not your best friend ATM prob best to stick with what you know until you have a delivery.
    Sent via Vape signal with my provari using a KFC refresher towel
    Yep, tried it once on a Kayfun lite, unless your wire skills are "bling" level of excellence, I'ld pass on it for now,,,
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

"If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",