Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: New Vision Clearomizers LEAK! Alternative?

New Vision Clearomizers LEAK! Alternative?

Hi all,

I've always used and used to love Vision Clearomizers. I was using the original ones that looked like this

Then all of a sudden around the start of the year (late 2012/early 2013?) I ordered some new cartridges and it seemed they'd been upgraded and changed so that you can detach more parts/unscrew the bottom section of the cartridge. These ones look like this:

Now I never had any problem with the original ones, they worked fine for me, and I have no idea what benefit the extra detachable part is - I've never needed it, and I've never used it - I have no idea why it was added (if it aint broke, dont fix it) but I just accepted it and continued to use it.

The problem is they LEAK! 6/6 cartridges I've used so far have leaked. Most of them the plastic barrel detaches from the silver base bit and it just falls apart so the liquid goes everywhere. Literally every one has leaked after enough time. Why did they 'upgrade' it to be worse? Has anyone else experienced this?

So my question is - are there any alternatives or is there any way i can buy the original ones that dont leak?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated

T7x
    AVF Regular
    Get some evod clearo's they're 100x better
    In the mean time you can take off the casing and tighten the detachable coil head as tight as you can get it.
    Caffeind likes this.
    Do you know de way 👺

AVF Regular
    The idea of the detachable atomiser is that you can buy replacement atomisers cheaply. So you don't have to chuck out the whole clearo when they die, you simply replace the atomiser, which is a lot more economical.

Those stardusts, the old and the new, are total rubbish for flavour and vapour. And pretty much all clearomisers have replaceable atomisers now as that's what people want. It's better for the wallet and better for the planet.

You quickly become used to not screwing off the outside part and spilling juice everywhere, it just becomes automatic.

Like T7x said, ditch them and get some Evods and their replacement atomisers....or better still, a Mini Protank if you want to actually taste the juice you are vaping and not the plastic clearo.

^^^

What Jen said!
    Caffeind likes this.

Hey guys thanks so much for the responses - much appreciated. Will definitely try the EVOD and the Mini Protank - they are exactly the type of alternatives I'd hope people point out! So they both are comptaible with the eGo-T/twist/etc battery right? The Mini Protank looks very slick!

Quote Originally Posted by JenJ View Post
    The idea of the detachable atomiser is that you can buy replacement atomisers cheaply. So you don't have to chuck out the whole clearo when they die, you simply replace the atomiser, which is a lot more economical.
    Yeah I can understand the reasoning but when the entire cart is ~$2, personally I'd rather a cart that doesnt leak, than one that breaks down really quickly and you have to replace parts. For me the less fiddling the better. If they focused on quality rather than how many detachable parts it had I think it'd work out to be more economical anyway!

You quickly become used to not screwing off the outside part and spilling juice everywhere, it just becomes automatic.
    Ahh I've only done that twice then I learnt not to do it again. But that wasnt the problem with mine. with mine the actual plastic tube became detached from the metal section entirely. Then once that happened i could push them back together, but they would then always leak through that point. I carry my ecigs in my pocket when I go out - I take really good care of them but they might get a bit of pressure in my pocket so maybe it becomes lose. This never happened with the original ones.

Like T7x said, ditch them and get some Evods and their replacement atomisers....or better still, a Mini Protank if you want to actually taste the juice you are vaping and not the plastic clearo.
    I'm going to try out both. thanks everyone again for your help
    Last edited by Manachi; 23-08-13 at 11:11 AM.

AVF Regular
    if it's leaking from the bottom, you might want to try a trick i use - they often leak because the tank is not fitted nicely (they're press-fit).

So you have to press down evenly on the top of the tank - i use a paddle pop stick to press it on as it's quite hard on the fingers. remove the drip tip first and press down evenly - so that the the atty head is centred.
    Last edited by Jetpants; 23-08-13 at 12:31 PM. Reason: clarity
    davee likes this.

[s] Vaping nic-free since 16 November 2012 [/s]
    Back on the nic.

Quote Originally Posted by JenJ View Post

Those stardusts, the old and the new, are total rubbish for flavour and vapour. And pretty much all clearomisers have replaceable atomisers now as that's what people want. It's better for the wallet and better for the planet.

Guys,
    I have a couple of the Mini nova 2.0's Vision Vivi Nova cartomizer - [2013 NEW] Vision STV 2ml Mini Nova Tank Clearomizer

and bought quite a few of the screw in bottom attachments (with the wick). Of the 4 I bought i only have one left that works properly.
    When they work they are great. Are there any other Clearos I can purchase that will fit the bottoms that I already have? Or would I be better off just buying all new clearos?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

Jorden

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorden View Post
    Guys,
    I have a couple of the Mini nova 2.0's Vision Vivi Nova cartomizer - [2013 NEW] Vision STV 2ml Mini Nova Tank Clearomizer

and bought quite a few of the screw in bottom attachments (with the wick). Of the 4 I bought i only have one left that works properly.
    When they work they are great. Are there any other Clearos I can purchase that will fit the bottoms that I already have? Or would I be better off just buying all new clearos?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

Jorden
    These should work:
    Vision Vivi Nova cartomizer - [2013 NEW] 5pc Vision Nova Replacement Coil Units
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Hi Noe,
    That's the part I've got a million of lol. I'm after the rest of it.

AVF Regular
    By the way Manachi, you can still buy the original Stardust V2's. VapeBar sells them for $4.95: eGo Vision Stardust Clearomizer | Vapebar

Or you can pay $20 each here if you want, lol! ElectronicCigarettePlace.com | e-Go-TS COLOURS Clearomizer Cartridge for Flavored Electronic Cigarettes
    SUCKITIN likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast