Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: heavy smoker - trying to quit

heavy smoker - trying to quit

Hi guys,

As title says, I am a pack a day smoker who would really like to be able to quit. Would be perfectly happy for now if I could stick to an e-cig and not smoke any real cigarettes.
    I recently bought the 'Aussie Blue Endurance' and some "BH flavor" high strength nicotine cartomisers. This has been my first ever experience with an e-cig.
    I was quite surprised that the sensation is fairly similar to what I am used to. However, I still find myself going for the real thing.

As someone who knows very little about all the different products going around - should I be investing in better quality equipment to get a more authentic sensation, flavour etc.
    What I want is to get an e-cig that is as close to a real cigarette as possible, and hopefully something that I will be happy to use exclusively.

I Haven't taken the time to get familiar with all the terminology around here, so if you start talking about mods and ohms I might not be able to follow you =).
    Ideally I would like to just be able to regularly order new nicotine cartomisers which are fairly convenient, rather than mixing up my own stuff which seems messy.

Any advice will be appreciated, cheers.

Andrew

I'll just add some more info because I want to quit smoking and not die =)

This is the e-cig that I have bought recently:

Electronic Cigarettes Australia Pty Ltd - Aussie BlueŽ Ecigs - Southern Cross E-Liquids - Aussie Blue Endurance Kit White or Black

and these are the cartridges:

Aussie BlueŽ Bloody Ripper Ecig Prefilled Cartomiser

Could someone explain the DIY stuff that I am seeing here? Is this basically just topping up cartridges with your own liquid nicotine or flavored liquid which you can buy in bulk? Also, are the more 'hard core' looking e-cigs that don't actually resemble cigarettes significantly better?

I think the feeling I am looking for is the best possible throat hit? Cheers!

I reckon that you should get some 36mg juice even 45mg. It stopped me in my tracks, being an Old Hobourn smoker for about 20 years, the previous 20 years I smoked anything.

It had me almost vomitting, never needed a smoke since and that was over 31/2 years ago.

Good equiptment helps a lot but high nic helps more when you are starting out. My opinion only.

RC

AVF Regular
    hi mate welcome if you purchased the liquid from australia there will be no nicotine in the liquid!! maybe thats why you are still looking for smoke! you have 3 options
    1: buy some hangsen or dekang liquid from china for cheap
    2: buy from usa venders
    3: buy un flavoured nicotine from overseas and mix with aussie doublers. doublers are like cordial that you water down with your nicotine juice

hope this helped!!!!

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by andydee View Post
    Hi guys,

As title says, I am a pack a day smoker who would really like to be able to quit. Would be perfectly happy for now if I could stick to an e-cig and not smoke any real cigarettes.
    I recently bought the 'Aussie Blue Endurance' and some "BH flavor" high strength nicotine cartomisers. This has been my first ever experience with an e-cig.
    I was quite surprised that the sensation is fairly similar to what I am used to. However, I still find myself going for the real thing.

As someone who knows very little about all the different products going around - should I be investing in better quality equipment to get a more authentic sensation, flavour etc.
    What I want is to get an e-cig that is as close to a real cigarette as possible, and hopefully something that I will be happy to use exclusively.

I Haven't taken the time to get familiar with all the terminology around here, so if you start talking about mods and ohms I might not be able to follow you =).
    Ideally I would like to just be able to regularly order new nicotine cartomisers which are fairly convenient, rather than mixing up my own stuff which seems messy.

Andrew
    Welcome Andrew.

I too have only recently started here, with a few false starts to vaping.

I purchased a starter kit from Vapebar which included 2 Ego's and some clearomizers and a few sundry items (chargers etc.) It's a great kit, but I have since ordered some different clearomizers which are making a big difference to the vaping experience.

The biggest difference however, is to find a blend of juice that you really enjoy. If you can find the right mix, you will not go back to smoking. It may take a bit of trial and error to find what you really like, but when you do, it will change your life. I have just discovered Nicoticket juice, and suggest that you give it a try. You can chat online with the vendor and he is really helpful. (I think they are offline at the moment on holidays, but they will be back soon). Don't be afraid to try something completely different to what you think you will like. Keep vaping, even though you may still be smoking and if you find the right mix & flavour, you will find that the urge to smoke will fade and finally go.
    Kent Brooks likes this.

Retired Account
    Hi andydee! Welcome to AVF. Where abouts do you live? Sometimes it's worthwhile having a face to face chat with someone who can give you some pointers. Vaping is a bit of a steep learning curve. Most of us started with what we call 'cigalikes' - Roughly cigarette sized with a pre filled cartridge of flavoured liquid. The people who have succeeded in quitting long term have rapidly moved on to something with more grunt.. meaning, longer lasting batteries, better tasting flavours, and strong enough nicotine base to get you through the worst of the cravings successfully.

Raa
    I can't tell you what you need but I can relate to you my experience... also as a pack a day guy with 20 years of experience on that pack a day.

Initially I thought that I would want something that tasted like a smoke and so before I put out my last cigarette I started analysing what it was that I liked about smoking.. because face it, we all think or thought we liked smoking.
    What I worked out was that I really enjoyed the feeling of the inhale (the throat hit) and I loved blowing out smoke. Looking back at it, it seems very childish that I liked blowing smoke out of my mouth.. but I really did. I thought I liked the flavour of a smoke but when I thought about it, that was just part of the package but I didn't think it was what I wanted.
    I then had the opportunity to try someone elses ecig for a weekend (actually it was a USB passthrough thing that I had to plug into the usb port on my computer) and he also gave me a heap of flavour samplers. What I discovered across that weekend was that the flavour that filled in the gap that was missing from the smoking experience was citrus flavours.. specifically a lime flavour.

I then ordered some juices and some cartomisers and two Ego-T batteries from a shop in China. It was about 9 x 10ml bottles of different flavours across different flavour categories. It arrived and I stopped smoking.. instantly.
    My initial impression that I like citrus was very accurate as I then found that lemon was my go to juice for nearly 18 months. I also discovered that I hated juices that tried to taste like a smoke and despite many people recommending menthol, I hated menthol.

So I guess my suggestion would be... try lots of flavours.. you may be surprised.

The bigger wierd looking things? They typically have bigger batteries and the ability to increase or decrease power which impacts flavour, vapour production and all that good stuff.
    smithpack0 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Im hearing you brother. Last January I stepped off a fifty a day habit I started on 24mg of nicotine and worked my way down. You may want to look at up grading your gear at some stage just to get a battery that will last long enough to get you through the day. The batteries in those little cigalikes probably wont get a heavy smoker through the day.
    mrsgruffy likes this.
    My biggest fear is that I might die and my missus will sell my vape gear for what I told her it cost

Konstantinos Farsalinos Nothing will be offered to you. You have to fight for your rights....

Quote Originally Posted by andydee View Post
    Hi guys,

Andrew
    My dads a pack a day smoker he has emphysema to the point where his been in and out of hospital for months ... I'm gonna get him vaping for Father's Day.... Good luck on your journey and I hope u can give it up!

Depends on what you want to spend. I'd probably Buy an ego kit and Juice from over seas to save shipping costs. Unfortunately you can not buy nicotine juice in Aus. Shipping will take one to two weeks, I'd recommend smoking until you get your kit. I know the guys here know of some sites that ship fairly fast; however, I buy bulk so I've kinda lost touch on what's good and what's not.
    Just ignore me and I'll go away.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast