Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By joe
  • 1 Post By Dartonian

Thread: Batteries for Mech Mod

joe

Batteries for Mech Mod

Hi All,

I'm thinking of buying a couple of mech mods through fasttech and noticed they had some cheap panasonic 18650 batteries and chargers like this one $44.11 QIDIAN 3A 4*18650 Mobile Power Bank Battery Charger Kit - dual USB output at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping can anyone tell me if this would be suitable for the k100 or k101 mech mod and also if they would be suitable for future vv/vw mods?

Thanks
    LilOakie89 likes this.

Joe,
    I just recieved a Kamry KTS+ from FT... My first mech mod too . I did quite a bit of reading about batteries before ordering and from what I understand (and I'm no expert) you are better using either protected batteries or the "safe chemistry" IMR batteries in mech mods. I dont have any VV/VW mods but I believe that they have their own built in protection, so unprotected is ok in them. It looks like the ones you have identified are unprotected... So not the best for a mech but being 3400mAh would probably be great in a VV/VW.

After all my reading, I settled on these $11.03 Panasonic CGR18650CH Rechargeable 2250mAh 3.7V 18650 Lithium Batteries 2-pack - authentic cells / 2-pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping , which i now see are sold out... Sorry, not much help there then... and the Nitecore I2 charger which also seemed to get good reviews

I'm sure others will give you more detail, but apparently high amp discharge is also a factor to be considered.

Currently sitting with new batteries in the charger waiting waiting waiting so I can fire up the KTS for the first time

Good luck with the hunt...
    LilOakie89 likes this.

For ~$45 I'd saying split it up and pick up a Nitecore I2 Charger and 2-3 AW IMR 18350/490/500/650 from VapeKing. It's not 4 batteries but 3 should be more than enough for 1 mech mod, even if it's only 18350.

joe
    Thanks for the help guys... I'll probably pick up a few different mods.... maybe 3 ..... I would rather get everything through fasttech, just because I have so many orders I'm waiting for