Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Panasonic batteries on Fast Tech for un/regulated devices

Panasonic batteries on Fast Tech for un/regulated devices

Been looking around Fast Tech to do order some batteries and I've heard the Panasonic CGR18650CH is a great battery for regulated devices but I see that everyone else caught onto that tip and bought Fast Tech out haha. So did some more researching and found the Panansonic NCR18650B Protected 3400mAh, now I'm on here asking if it's a good battery for regulated and unregulated devices, the Innokin iTaste SVD and the Smok Magneto to be precise.

The battery life doesn't really concern me much but that would also be great to know =) I vape at about 1.2 ohms on 8-10 watts on the SVD if that helps. I know how often I vape would have to be considered but just give me an approximation.

joe
    This also interests me greatly

AVF Regular
    I've gone with the Panasonic NCR186500PD batteries, they appear to hold voltage and last longer than the CGR18650PD batteries.

AkkuDB

The Sony US18650VTC3 batteries are probably the choice on FT if you're going ultra low ohms, but they're sold out too. Keep in mind that at 1600mAh, they won't last long.
    ಠ_ಠ

AVF Regular
    Get the Blazar protected 18650's from supersports600's eBay store. They're those 3400mah Panasonic's but with a custom protection circuit. Awesome batteries as far as I'm concerned.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

joe
    Would the above listed batteries work well on your average LR cartos too?

AVF Regular
    If we're talking about regulated devices, just about any high-drain battery is going to work fine, so shoot for the one with the highest mAh rating (true rating, not some marketing number). In fact, a lot of batteries not listed as high-drain are going to work OK too as the amp draw is rarely going to pull over 3A. Just be sure that if you're using protected batteries that the chip isn't limiting it to some ridiculously low draw.

Here's a list: AkkuDB

In terms of protected and unprotected, it's generally fine using unprotected batteries in a regulated mod as the mod is going to have low voltage protection built in.
    porkchop and TheDishD like this.
    ಠ_ಠ

AVF Regular
    I am using Panansonic NCR18650B Unprotected 3400mAh for my SVD and it seems to hold a good length of vaping time. Very consistent. The downside is it made my SVD look like one of the device that MIB uses to erase people's memory. Too long!

Just to add that I am using iClear 30 (2.1 ohm) on SVD with 4.2V on most of juices with that battery.
    Samtron likes this.
    Quit on 10.06.2013
    Ave Smoked: 15-20/Day for 22 years
    Spent on Smoke: $600/month when 1 pack = $18

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by porkchop View Post
    I am using Panansonic NCR18650B Unprotected 3400mAh for my SVD and it seems to hold a good length of vaping time. Very consistent. The downside is it made my SVD look like one of the device that MIB uses to erase people's memory. Too long!

Just to add that I am using iClear 30 (2.1 ohm) on SVD with 4.2V on most of juices with that battery.
    Yer i dont use 18650's in most of my mods, makes them to big esply with a Kayfun on top, efest 18350's and 18490/18500 are good for me (350's are 800mha and the 490's 1100mha) last a decent amount of time
    Samtron likes this.

Stopped Smoking On the 4/7/13..Guess when i started Vaping

Was mainly focusing on the NCR18650B 3400mAh Batteries from Fast Tech but thank you everyone for suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDishD View Post
    Yer i dont use 18650's in most of my mods, makes them to big esply with a Kayfun on top, efest 18350's and 18490/18500 are good for me (350's are 800mha and the 490's 1100mha) last a decent amount of time
    Yeah I'm planning to only use 18350 batteries as well but from Fast Tech the only 18350 is an UltraFire one and a no brand grey ICR18350 on, and I'd prefer an 18650 for when I'm home kicking back, not having to worry about battery life. But after I pick up the NCR18650B I will most likely get a Efest of AW 18350 from local vendors for when I'm out and about.

AVF Regular
    IMHO i'll chase a bargain any day but i won't skimp by buying cheap batteries, i don't think that's a good idea.
    GirlyPantz likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast