Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Battery Check

Battery Check

I'm about to give some sub-Ω coils a go, and I'm looking to run them on a KTS+. I'm currently looking at these batteries since my other stuff is coming from FT as well. As far as I can tell, they're chemically safe and will push 10A. If my maths are correct (and they may well not be), I can use coils as low as .5Ω even at 4.2v (which won't happen anyway) and be comfortable at 8.4A?

Are these batteries okay or can you recommend any better ones from FastTech? Or should I be looking elsewhere altogether?

Wouldn't risk going 0.5 ohms on a 10amp limit, been hearing that after a few hours the coils on your wick will either jump or drop in ohms and at 0.4ohm you break the limit. I'd stick to about 0.8ohms at the lowest, but that's just me. As for the battery I'm not sure.

AVF Regular
    I see a few possible issues

1. KTS+
    2. Fastech batteries
    3. Sounds like you are going to use a fasttech atty

If your goal is to have the device melt down, go for it. If you are serious about a low ohm set up then use tried and trusted decent quality equipment. there is plenty out there that won't need you to remortgage.

My opinion only

lol dont be so dramatic...

dont go that low in ohms though haha. panasonic batteries on fasttech are good. theres a 30amp battery on there too. kts mech is fine. even the k100 or k101 will be fine as a mech. depends what atomizer ur using though. i run 0.8ohm on my igo-l from FT without any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by lheamfrg View Post

1. KTS+
    2. Fastech batteries

If your goal is to have the device melt down, go for it. If you are serious about a low ohm set up then use tried and trusted decent quality equipment. there is plenty out there that won't need you to remortgage.

My opinion only

Quote Originally Posted by Meeuwsy View Post
    Wouldn't risk going 0.5 ohms on a 10amp limit, been hearing that after a few hours the coils on your wick will either jump or drop in ohms and at 0.4ohm you break the limit. I'd stick to about 0.8ohms at the lowest, but that's just me. As for the battery I'm not sure.
    I don't plan on going as low as .5Ω, I was just using it as a point of reference in terms of safety on a mech.

Quote Originally Posted by lheamfrg View Post

1. KTS+
    2. Fastech batteries

My opinion only
    I'm not really sure what your points are. What's the issue with the KTS+? The batteries are Panasonic. The atty will be a Russian 91% from VapingMad, but even my current Ithaka clone (FT) runs fine at .7Ω on a Vamo.

I'm not new to sub-ohm in general, just haven't had any real exposure to mech mods. I probably should've made that clearer, sorry.

AVF Regular
    I don't trust the build, heard of a couple shorting etc
    seeing they were offloading ex laptop batteries, I'd steer clear. Go through SS600, Australian distributor with a good rep
    atty, always something not up to scratch (bought a few at the start). The Youdes are pretty good (IGOs, AGAs etc)

how on earth did u get a vamo to fire 0.7ohms?

Quote Originally Posted by TRILLA View Post
    I don't plan on going as low as .5Ω, I was just using it as a point of reference in terms of safety on a mech.

I'm not really sure what your points are. What's the issue with the KTS+? The batteries are Panasonic. The atty will be a Russian 91% from VapingMad, but even my current Ithaka clone (FT) runs fine at .7Ω on a Vamo.

I'm not new to sub-ohm in general, just haven't had any real exposure to mech mods. I probably should've made that clearer, sorry.
    Livkat likes this.

AVF Regular
    the kts+ is fine.

the kts is fine.

the diablo clone is fine, the k100 is fine.

the sigelei#8 is fine..apart from noticeable voltage drop.

the 91% i can't be sure about because i've not used it, same with the batteries.

but i have been using sub ohm coils in a $6 atty with all of those mechs and a noname battery when my aw's are charging.

as for lheamfrg's list of problems. only problem i see is that he has no experience with anything on his list.

AVF Regular
    The K100 is dodgy. The only mod I had a hard short with. In 350 mode I think the vents are ineffectual too

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Smash View Post
    the kts+ is fine.

the kts is fine.

the diablo clone is fine, the k100 is fine.

the sigelei#8 is fine..apart from noticeable voltage drop.

the 91% i can't be sure about because i've not used it, same with the batteries.

but i have been using sub ohm coils in a $6 atty with all of those mechs and a noname battery when my aw's are charging.

as for lheamfrg's list of problems. only problem i see is that he has no experience with anything on his list.

Kts no, kamrys yes
    shit batteries yes
    shit atties yes

All presented problems at one time or another. Again, I did state iit was my opinion. Take it or leave it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast