Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Opdeemist

Thread: Vape Mesh Company wire length discrepancy

Vape Mesh Company wire length discrepancy

Anyone else purchased wire from these guys and received less than what was ordered?

About a month ago I purchased 20m of 99.9 silver wire and 10m of kanthal. The Kanthal came on a spool and the silver came wrapped around a flat plastic card.

The silver wire didn't look like 20m straight out of the package but didn't think too much about it and packed it away, so yesterday took it out to build some coils and decided to rewrap it on a spool and decided to check the actual length.

Actual length came to 16.5 metres. A bit more than my estimate but still 3.5 metres less than I paid for.

I'm wondering if this is an honest mistake or if anyone else is getting ripped off. I did immediately send an email to them but no response as yet.

AVF Regular
    i've just ordered a bunch of stuff from there.

it took them a day or two to respond so i figure they'll get back you in time.

hope they resolve it for you.

i'd ask the noob question of "how did you measure it?" if i wasn't afraid of getting laughed at...

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

Quote Originally Posted by Samtron View Post
    i'd ask the noob question of "how did you measure it?" if i wasn't afraid of getting laughed at...
    With a tape measure... I extended the tape to 1 metre and measured the wire 1 metre at a time, did it twice just to be sure I didn't miscount.

No response from them as yet, I'll wait until tomorrow and send off another email if I don't hear back.

I didn't bother measuring the kanthal as it was cheap. What did you order from there?

Just got off the phone from them. I ordered some things over the weekend from them and there was no correspondence apart from a confirmation thru Paypal. I received an order confirmation from them today and it was in error. So gave them a call. They are not totally automated in respects of their system and stuff that happens on the weekends are then looked at on Monday mornings and then addressed. But seeing they had a Bank Holiday there on Monday today is the first day back at work. So I assume they will at some stage get to your email in time.

I must say you need to be patient. I called 3 times and was put on hold for approximately 10 mins twice, by an absolute (moron) then transferred me to another company by mistake. Eventually I was put thru to a quite capable sounding lady that seems to have things in control. So my advice is that you take a deep breath and if you have any temper control or heart issues then correspond via email and be patient.

Thats all I got, thats my experience thus far with the Vape Mesh Company.

Good luck
    margyb and filbert like this.