Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree14Likes
  • 1 Post By Toddosh
  • 7 Post By bugzme
  • 2 Post By Opdeemist
  • 3 Post By RippleInStillWater
  • 1 Post By suspect

Thread: Ekowool Wick - With or Without....?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    741

    Question Ekowool Wick - With or Without....?

    Hi all

    Just a question for all that have tried Ekowool for wicks.

    What is better for different wicking abilities.

    1: Ekowool - hollow

    Or

    2: Ekowool - with Silika strand inside

    If you have either seen or used either before could you please let me know your experiences, good or bad.

    Thanks guys.

    Opdee

  2. #2
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Townsville
    Posts
    1,825
    I have only used the hollow and find it really wicks well and easy to use,just baught the silica stuffed ekowool so I will no more on that shortly,Any silica I have baught in Aus IMO is pretty low standard but vapersphere ekowool is good quality so sticking with that until he get bastos back in then ill give that a try as well.cheers
    Opdeemist likes this.

  3. #3
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In the Hedge fund
    Posts
    3,256
    Both Wick the Same......

    However the Ekowool with silica does maintain a more Round dimension compared to the Hollow.

    Ekowool wicks better than standard silica due to the distance of the interweaving braids compared to the distance of the spiral that the juice must travel.

    **** even impressed myself with how Educated that sounds.....

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    741
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddosh View Post
    I have only used the hollow and find it really wicks well and easy to use,just baught the silica stuffed ekowool so I will no more on that shortly,Any silica I have baught in Aus IMO is pretty low standard but vapersphere ekowool is good quality so sticking with that until he get bastos back in then ill give that a try as well.cheers
    Thanks Toddosh,

    Ive ordered from the UK the mesh company but at some point will try the Bastos from Vaporsphere.

    Thanks for your input.

    Quote Originally Posted by bugzme View Post
    Both Wick the Same......

    However the Ekowool with silica does maintain a more Round dimension compared to the Hollow.

    Ekowool wicks better than standard silica due to the distance of the interweaving braids compared to the distance of the spiral that the juice must travel.

    **** even impressed myself with how Educated that sounds.....
    :grin: I nearly felt I had to pull the dictionary out to answer you, nearly

    Thanks Bugzme. I have ordered both types just wanting to try what Joozeit did with his Taifun GT.

    Thanks for your input also and thanks for making me spit my coffee out through my nose on reading your answer
    Last edited by Opdeemist; 27-08-13 at 10:05 PM.
    RippleInStillWater and bugzme like this.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    440
    Frak, if even the Aussies are using ekowool maybe I should finally try it.........

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    611
    i been using bastos wick from vapersphere and its really good compared to other aussie silica ive used. ive got some ekowool here too i better give that a go
    TheDishD likes this.
    If that doesn't work try a bigger hammer!

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    741
    Quote Originally Posted by RippleInStillWater View Post
    Frak, if even the Aussies are using ekowool maybe I should finally try it.........
    Hey my kinda town,

    Haven't tried it yet, but by all reports its a keeper.

    Say hi to the windy city from cities of Aus

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 10:53 AM.