Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 87
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Finally built my first working Gennie :D ......... I think, lol

  1. #1
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Wattle Grove, NSW
    Posts
    491

    Finally built my first working Gennie :D ......... I think, lol

    Hey guys,


    As some ppl may know I've had trouble trying to get a decent vape outta my Smoktech RSST genesis style atomizer. Anyways, my Provari arrived in the mail today and I thought I better figure this out or my Provari would be a huge waste of $ for me.

    So after watching all these vids on youtube I had another crack at it, and got it working great! Though it isn't all I had hoped it would be.
    I am getting alot of vapour. But the taste is a little weak, might add some more flavoring concentrate to my mix.

    Also, I am picking up a slight metallic taste, probably from the SS mesh.
    Do you get used to that taste at all? Or have I still got something wrong on my build.
    I'm hoping it will taste better after increase the flavoring in my juice mix. I'm about halfway through the first tank, hopefully it gets better as i break the mesh/coil in.

    Specs of my build are below:

    1.5 ohms resistance
    SS mesh #400
    30 ga Kanthal
    4/3 wrap


    Juice is:
    50/50% VG/PG
    7% Watermelon concentrate
    3mg Nic

    Any pointers or feedback would be great.
    Mushman and Samtron like this.

  2. #2
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,303
    I believe that the metalic taste is if you've got a hotspot somewhere, I might be wrong. I noticed it too with my RSST. I ended up giving up on it haha.
    lheamfrg likes this.

  3. #3
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Townsville
    Posts
    1,825
    They usually take a few days to become awsome,if its not harsh on your throat and no burnt flavour you have done it right
    Samtron likes this.

  4. #4
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NT
    Posts
    3,687
    Give it some time, if you did it wrong you know about it straight away,
    Mushman and Samtron like this.
    Vaporista
    Noob for life


    Last Analog


    12-12-12 at Midnight

    "If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",

  5. #5
    Noe
    Noe is offline
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Posts
    13,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddosh View Post
    They usually take a few days to become awsome,if its not harsh on your throat and no burnt flavour you have done it right
    Quote Originally Posted by RichoVonBlack View Post
    Give it some time, if you did it wrong you know about it straight away,
    WRONG!

    Hi Magick, the RSST is not as easy to rebuild as some may have you believe, I actually prefer my AGA-T over it.
    However, I can tell by your post that you do indeed have a hotspot.

    What you need to do is suck the juice out of the tank, into a syringe, then take the wick out & measure the resistance of the coil without the wick in it, if the coil is too tight on the wick, then that is probably what is causing the hot spot.
    The wick should be snug but not tight, inside the coil.
    After measuring the resistance without the wick installed, you know what the resistance should read AFTER the wick is put back in, any change & you have a problem ie hotspot.

    When you remove all the hotspots & itis working properly, the flavor will be much better & you will have no metalic taste, the metalic taste is actually the coil you are tasting, which with a hotspot fires hotter than it should, giving you that taste, with a big hotspot you will just get a very harsh hit, with a small hotspot you will get that slight metalic taste.

    You can work out the hotspot by prodding the coil wraps until they all glow evenly, using a straightened paperclip or small screwdriver to bump the wraps up or down etc.
    When it looks right & all wraps on the coil are glowing evenly, measure the resistance again, it should now read the same as it did with no wick installed.
    If it does, then you have it right & you will get a perfect vape.

    Oh & don't add more flavor to your juice until you get the build right, if you do it's going to taste very strong when it's set up properly.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

    Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

    The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

    Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

    I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

  6. #6
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    926
    I've got an rsst in the vape mail...

    i'm rooting for ya...hope it get's better with breaking in.

    don't be shy about posting the video's you've watched (i'm watching everything i can find)



    I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

  7. #7
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Melbs
    Posts
    4,963
    Try pulsing, works "tits" for semi oxidized mesh. Would have to be the same for well oxidized mesh.
    Move along!!! Nothing to see here.

  8. #8
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NT
    Posts
    3,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    WRONG!

    Hi Magick, the RSST is not as easy to rebuild as some may have you believe, I actually prefer my AGA-T over it.
    However, I can tell by your post that you do indeed have a hotspot.

    What you need to do is suck the juice out of the tank, into a syringe, then take the wick out & measure the resistance of the coil without the wick in it, if the coil is too tight on the wick, then that is probably what is causing the hot spot.
    The wick should be snug but not tight, inside the coil.
    After measuring the resistance without the wick installed, you know what the resistance should read AFTER the wick is put back in, any change & you have a problem ie hotspot.

    When you remove all the hotspots & itis working properly, the flavor will be much better & you will have no metalic taste, the metalic taste is actually the coil you are tasting, which with a hotspot fires hotter than it should, giving you that taste, with a big hotspot you will just get a very harsh hit, with a small hotspot you will get that slight metalic taste.

    You can work out the hotspot by prodding the coil wraps until they all glow evenly, using a straightened paperclip or small screwdriver to bump the wraps up or down etc.
    When it looks right & all wraps on the coil are glowing evenly, measure the resistance again, it should now read the same as it did with no wick installed.
    If it does, then you have it right & you will get a perfect vape.

    Oh & don't add more flavor to your juice until you get the build right, if you do it's going to taste very strong when it's set up properly.
    Fair enough, give it a roll Noe's way, if it fixes it I'm happy enough to be wrong as long as the right way happens dude,
    ckane and Mushman like this.
    Vaporista
    Noob for life


    Last Analog


    12-12-12 at Midnight

    "If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",

  9. #9
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Melbs
    Posts
    4,963
    Think your WRONG! again Richo, it's noe's way or the HIGHWAY!
    RichoVonBlack and DEATHGUYJ like this.
    Move along!!! Nothing to see here.

  10. #10
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Penguin,Tasmania
    Posts
    1,745
    After all i have read and watched on gennies, screw SS mesh and wire, cotton bud wicks for the win!


    Nar i hope you get it sorted mate, as with most things in the vape world, it takes time to get setups right and im sure if you plug away at it you will be happy with the result!

    Stopped Smoking On the 4/7/13..Guess when i started Vaping





 

 
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 05:41 AM.