Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Sub ohm baby ... the only way to choof

Sub ohm baby ... the only way to choof

So Im a big fan on sub ohm drippers ... the Nimbus I bought was built by the guys at Vaping Ape in LA and came out at 0.33 ohms and a love it ..

but what DarkhorseFkn built me last night is something else ... 0.2

I now have to wait for my new 20A bats to come in before I can use it .. still work of art (3/2 dual wraps of 28g kanthal)

Voltage (E): 4.2 Volts (V)
    Current (I): 21 Amps (A)
    Resistance (R): 0.2 ohms
    Power (P): 88.2 Watts (W)

kptrip and tetsky like this.

AVF Regular
    Wait til you start using Kanthal ribbon wire. More surface area to burn and makes massive clouds

ummm. You dont build coils yourself?

AVF Regular
    nice build you got there.... good to know that there's a lot of dripper out there... so how's the TH does it hits like a TGV... I do sub ohms before and i notice that i use alot of ejuice so i went back to 1.2-1.5....

Quote Originally Posted by MajorLazer View Post
    Wait til you start using Kanthal ribbon wire. More surface area to burn and makes massive clouds

ummm. You dont build coils yourself?
    I have some ribbon .. Im still not sold on it.

I do but it sometimes takes me a few goes .. and DHF is a wizard.
    Last edited by Oscillate Darkly; 29-08-13 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tetsky View Post
    nice build you got there.... good to know that there's a lot of dripper out there... so how's the TH does it hits like a TGV... I do sub ohms before and i notice that i use alot of ejuice so i went back to 1.2-1.5....
    No its ok ... I vape super low pg juice now (I tried putting some of my old vk sup 70:30 in one the other day and it almost killed me)

but yes .. its a juice whore .. I still like blowing massive clouds

AVF Regular
    I get the sub ohm appeal and the massive cloud thing, but geez I'm glad it doesn't appeal to me. I don't think my bank balance could afford it Looks like a sweet set up, vape on!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I get the sub ohm appeal and the massive cloud thing, but geez I'm glad it doesn't appeal to me. I don't think my bank balance could afford it Looks like a sweet set up, vape on!
    The thing I like about drippers is you drip 10-15 drops of your liquid in. Vape til your satisfied. Put it down and then don't need to drip until you feel like a vape next.

Ekowool and ribbon works really well. I've heard Microcoils and cotton setups work really well also. Even mesh drippers are great too. Great for changing flavours between puffs and silica/ekowool/cotton so quick and easy to set up and get vaping.
    Adam likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscillate Darkly View Post
    .. its a juice whore .. I still like blowing massive clouds
    if you want clouds then use more VG(probably you know it already) and bore the air hole to 2mm or 3mm like those vapers in the Philippines... It's a Sport over there you know

What I like about dripping is I always use fresh juice and juice change on demand...not like tanks...

keep on vaping... keep on dripping
    Last edited by tetsky; 29-08-13 at 01:09 PM.
    MajorLazer likes this.

just for new vapers out there that might read this and want to have a go, be aware of the increased safety risks involved with sub ohm coils especially this low, make sure you do you research and using right batteries so you dont lose any fingers or an eye.

ive gone back to 1+ ohm coils atm still getting a very nice vape in my immortalizer using ribbon and bastos wick. dont get me wrong here though the sub ohm builds i had going were rocking too. i love big clouds and flavour country just experimenting atm

oh i like the title of this thread lol the only way to choof. its just like a vapour bong once you get setup like this
    davee likes this.
    If that doesn't work try a bigger hammer!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorLazer View Post
    've heard Microcoils and cotton setups work really well also.
    I started making micro/contact coils for all of my atomizers. Insanely easy to do and one of the best vapes I've ever had. I've got a 2.0 ohm micro coil in my RM2 at the moment that vapes better than my old 0.8 ohm builds. It also solved my battery drain issues, a single 18490 now lasts me almost a day and a half
    Highly recommend people give micro coils and cotton a go, well worth it.
    Adam, CMB, davee and 4 others like this.
    Words are fun.
    Steam powered and smoke free since January 2013.
    Addiction is bad, let me explain it to you after I finish this coffee.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast