Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: not all EVODS created equal

not all EVODS created equal

I bought a starter kit from Vaping Ace and got 2 evods with it.
    bought another starter kit and more batteries and evods from them.
    Have ended up with 9 evods from VA (3 of each colour).

Been using these evods now for about 6-8 weeks. Have only changed 1 head/coil (can't remember why now).
    Give the evods a good rinse in hot water after each use.

VA have limited colour range, so I have also bought 16 (2 of each colour) from FastTech.
    They turned up a couple of weeks ago.
    I have used 4 of them so far. the first week was ok.

Sorry, I use them Monday to Thursday for work days, and use the VA originals at home and all other times.

The second week I'm using the FastTech evods, the flavours tasted awful.
    Replaced the heads/coils in them to get the working ok.

Today I noticed the little hole(s) in the bottom.
    The original evods have 3 holes, the fasttech evods only have 2 holes in the base.

They are obviously copies of the original Kanger evods.

So, between these crap evods, the crap ejuice and the crap cigalikes I've bought from fastTech
    I have now decided NOT to buy anything from China websites again.
    bugzme likes this.

I have evods from fasttech I love them I reckon their better then what I've tried previously.... So much so I ordered more...... Each to their own I reckon
    Noe, jen and DEATHGUYJ like this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    I bought a starter kit from Vaping Ace and got 2 evods with it.
    bought another starter kit and more batteries and evods from them.
    Have ended up with 9 evods from VA (3 of each colour).

Been using these evods now for about 6-8 weeks. Have only changed 1 head/coil (can't remember why now).
    Give the evods a good rinse in hot water after each use.

VA have limited colour range, so I have also bought 16 (2 of each colour) from FastTech.
    They turned up a couple of weeks ago.
    I have used 4 of them so far. the first week was ok.

Sorry, I use them Monday to Thursday for work days, and use the VA originals at home and all other times.

The second week I'm using the FastTech evods, the flavours tasted awful.
    Replaced the heads/coils in them to get the working ok.

Today I noticed the little hole(s) in the bottom.
    The original evods have 3 holes, the fasttech evods only have 2 holes in the base.

They are obviously copies of the original Kanger evods.

So, between these crap evods, the crap ejuice and the crap cigalikes I've bought from fastTech
    I have now decided NOT to buy anything from China websites again.
    You can buy clones from almost any website, not just Chinese sites. The trick is to make sure you know what you are looking for & look closely at the details of what you are buying, before you order.
    There are dodgy sites that don't give you enough detail to look at & sell junk as genuine but fasttech provide plenty of pics so you can see the difference if it's a clone, if you know what you are looking for.

Sometimes clones are better than the originals too, quite often they aren't but when you find something you are happy with, then you should probably order more from the same place, although that is not always a guarantee that the new ones will be just as good.
    If the new ones came in a different shipment then the quality could be different too, take for example the Bogegate thing, Genuine Boge cartos that were crap compared to previous shipments(which is pretty much over now I think).
    DEATHGUYJ likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    I heard that not every workers there wash their hands after using the toilet.LOL thats why I am into rbas from the very beginning of vaping.Lol
    Noe likes this.
    I refuse to subsidize an economy that largely benefits the Chinese Commie Party and the so called People's Liberation Army, its relatives and friends. More like an oriental Mafia than a political party.

Karl Rand.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoey View Post
    I heard that not every workers there wash their hands after using the toilet.LOL thats why I am into rbas from the very beginning of vaping.Lol
    Yeah but I think PG & nic kill 99.99999999999999999999% of germs, so it's pretty safe to vape on a new Evod
    Hoey, DEATHGUYJ, bethydy and 1 others like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Yeah but I think PG & nic kill 99.99999999999999999999% of germs, so it's pretty safe to vape on a new Evod

Sorry Noe, but 99.999999999999999% cant beat 100%.
    I refuse to subsidize an economy that largely benefits the Chinese Commie Party and the so called People's Liberation Army, its relatives and friends. More like an oriental Mafia than a political party.

Karl Rand.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoey View Post
    I think you heard wrong! Chinese E-liquid Manufacturing Facilities - YouTube
    Noe, GirlyPantz, kooljp and 3 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JenJ View Post
    That was just for show! Nobody knows what happen when the show is over. LOL

Karl Rand.

AVF Regular
    i was reluctant to get evods because other kanger stuff I've had (t2 and t3) have had a way too airy draw for me. fasttech had such a good offer for 10 evods i decided to give them a try. the 2 holes in the clones suit me way better than the 3 i would've gotten with a genuine kanger one, which i would have had to block one of the hole in. you could always try genuine replacement coils in your clone evods and see how they go. might make a difference.
    Noe, DEATHGUYJ and DaveB like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kay67kay View Post
    i was reluctant to get evods because other kanger stuff I've had (t2 and t3) have had a way too airy draw for me. fasttech had such a good offer for 10 evods i decided to give them a try. the 2 holes in the clones suit me way better than the 3 i would've gotten with a genuine kanger one, which i would have had to block one of the hole in. you could always try genuine replacement coils in your clone evods and see how they go. might make a difference.
    This, exactly.
    One complaint I've heard about the genuine evod is that they are too airy, and people block one of the three holes. Also that some say they leak.
    I've tried the FT clone and I like it. 1) if it had three holes it would be too airy. 2) never leaked.

Four problems with the clones though 1) fit and finish can be random, it's luck of the draw. 2) Coils and wicks aren't as good, and places like FT don't give you a choice of coil Ohms unlike local suppliers. 3) With the drop of the AU dollar you aren't really saving that much unless ordering from free postage places like FT. 4) You have to wait awhile for them if you do go through FT.

I ordered one from FT a month ago and got it 3 weeks later. I'm happy with it, but many others that bought the bulk packs aren't happy for fit and finish reasons or coil/wick reasons. It would be a gamble for me to try some more. Plus I'd like 1.8 ohm ones anyway. Choices are HC which are US$4.50 plus postage as they don't do free postage, or local ones for $7 plus postage. I'd rather the good clone with 2 air holes with good fit and finish and 1.8 ohm coil... Seems I can't guarantee that from anywhere, so maybe buying a bunch from FT and writing off any bad ones as well as buying 1.8 ohm genuine heads locally is the best bet? I'm still thinking about it, that's the problem when I don't have one place that sells everything I want in one easy sale.
    DEATHGUYJ and DaveB like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast