Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Protank2 problems.

Protank2 problems.

Might be my complete lack of knowledge/experience or my ignorance for not doing a bit more research before using it - but I'm having some troubles with my protank2 all of a sudden.

Was using it yesterday and everything was fine. Came back to it today and its gurgling, leaking all over my k100 and up into my drip tip - into my mouth.

What have I done? Or what do I need to do to remedy this?

I found that happened to me after I removed a flavour wick whilst experimenting with how they are built when I first got one. Put the wick back in and all was good again. Can also try turing the little rubber grommit on the centre pole upside down to prevent leakage/flooding.

Lucky for your drip tip, nothing worse than flooding your clearo and getting juice on your tongue - it tastes fowl!

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    I found that happened to me after I removed a flavour wick whilst experimenting with how they are built when I first got one. Put the wick back in and all was good again. Can also try turing the little rubber grommit on the centre pole upside down to prevent leakage/flooding.

Lucky for your drip tip, nothing worse than flooding your clearo and getting juice on your tongue - it tastes fowl!
    I haven't tampered with the wicks. But I did turn the grommet upside down before I started using it. A tip coal miner gave me before it arrived.

Maybe I should change out the wick?

AVF Regular
    make sure that the atty head is screwed into the base tight, i cleaned mine thought i had it tight, filled it and it leaked and gurgled , pulled the base off and the atty head part was lose, tightened it all good
    SweeetIlluzions and necro like this.

Stopped Smoking On the 4/7/13..Guess when i started Vaping

Swapped a new coil in and its fine..
    Everything was tight and good with the old coil though? Meh.

Im such a noob.

/thread

AVF Regular
    Sometimes it pays to blow any juice out of the centre post.

Unscrew the base, turn it upside down and blow through the driptip.
    Caffeind likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kooljp View Post
    Sometimes it pays to blow any juice out of the centre post.

Unscrew the base, turn it upside down and blow through the driptip.
    I tried this a few times, didnt help

Playing with my new drippers now, fiddly little bastards and cant get past the burnt taste.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedfire View Post
    Swapped a new coil in and its fine..
    Everything was tight and good with the old coil though? Meh.

Im such a noob.

/thread
    Ok this is going around the web atm, lots of people are having major issues with kanger coils, it seems kanger make their own coils/atty heads when a new tank comes out, once its in high demand they farm out the making of the atty heads to other china companies and do not bother with Quality Control, that seems to be why the Protank when first released was issue free and excellent and now most replacement atty heads leak,gurggle and are shite. I had 4 out of 6 brand new kanga atty heads fail out of the box...
    DEATHGUYJ, bikam0wz and ineedfire like this.

Stopped Smoking On the 4/7/13..Guess when i started Vaping

AVF Regular
    Having got used to my V1 ProTanks, and finding that the taste is awesome in them (and the G50), but still not liking the metal mouthpieces at all, I got myself a ProTank2 this week.
    I've only filled it for the first time today, having let my favourite juice stew for a day or two before bestowing the new tank the honour of carrying it.

Seems weird that there's still half a thread in the tank, which doesn't quite screw all the way in, and seeing 'construction' inside it, but that's ok.

I love the way it all fits together. I love how I can put a different drip tip on top.

I'm almost through the first tank (2/3 filled), really enjoying my favourite juice, so far, so good.

I think I'm going to love this little guy, and I have to say that I've not been in a big hurry to fill carto tanks of late. Fad? We'll see. I loved the cartos for the most part, and I don't plan on chucking them out, but for the time being, these have been my go-to type of atties.
    Cath Mort likes this.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

I found a problem with the bottom bit of the tank not seating properly, just posted a solution on that one, basically if it doesn't seat "exactly" right, just screw it off and try again, repeat 20 times until it magically just seems to work, never had a leak problem since then. Also due to my hour solving this problem, I did on occasion loosen the metal casing from the glass tank (while unscrewing the base of the tank over and over) therefore allowing juice to escape that way, it was just oozing out ever so slightly but just make sure everything is nice and tight, and then make sure the base seats properly and all should be sweet. Gluck.
    The medicated state of mind you find is overrated

You saw it all come down, now itís time to imitate it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast