Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Harware upgrade suggestions please

Harware upgrade suggestions please

So, I'm currently using a Vamo V3. It is good and I'm more than happy with it, however, just for the sake of it I would like to move up to something more "premo".
    What VV mods are out there in between my Vamo and the Provari? Something rugged, easy menu system like the Vamo, similar size and takes 18650 batts.
    Basically a Vamo but of a higher quality is what I'm after. Or is the next step just goto the Provari?

A better dripper. I just got acquainted with the IGO-L, it is good and works well after drilling the air hole out to a bigger size. It is a nice cheap bit of kit, but just that,
    cheap. Def good to get your feet wet when starting with a dripper but now I would like something similar of higher quality. It just doesn't sit right on my mod, sorta sits on
    a bit of an angle when completely screwed down and it just annoys the heck out of me.

My hardware all works well, it's just average quality Chinese gear I guess. The same stuff made to a higher quality is what I'm after.

Suggestions please.. Thanks in advance.

go a provari if you want vv, or try get a dna20 mod, you could also look into getting a mech mod.. since i got my sioux i havent touched the provari..

i found the ebaron dripper was awesome, or you could go an immortalizer them things kick ass..

sorry if im not too much help as im still pretty much a newb :P

cheers
    Glen
    Mushman likes this.

i went mec mods they work well for me and now i got a nice 18350 PAPS and love it
    Mushman likes this.

AVF Regular
    Get an Orion 2.1, if you need VW get an orion V3. But when your dealing with rebuildables i dont think VW is needed so 2.1 is the better choice IMO.
    Last edited by arth_d; 01-09-13 at 02:58 PM.
    Mushman and mitergreen like this.

Zmax V3 Stainless

Easy OLED menu,protection circuits,VV/VW,takes 510 and ego,has a well for Clearo's and a tough unit that packs a punch especially with stacked 18350's.

Yeah, I like to live on the edge by stacking the batts on Mean setting
    308hjute likes this.

AVF Regular
    If you are after a good quality VV you cannot beat the Provari. There are other options out there, so it comes down to budget v desire I suppose. SVD's have been remarked upon as being good but big; and you already have the Vamo. DNA mods I have no experience with but most are box type mods, a few tube mods are coming out though (unicorns though as they sell fast) and are around the same-ish price as the Provari.

Drippers, again it depends whether you want to just vape or try different experiences and there are so many out there. IMO it is worth the expenses to buy good aulity kit, so check reviews et al before committing.

The cyclones are supposed to be good, the hornets are good, Tridents are good (if you get a later one). Then you have the ceramic drippers, the eBarons are fantastic. It is a different vape to the silica drippers and use no-res/res/no-res wires. The upside is that you have the choice of building your own or you can buy replacement precoiled wick & ceramic. Both these types have their place imo.

btw, the IGO-L is a trooper. May not look the best but it won't let you down either. You can actually buy alternative top caps for these at Kidney Puncher (Fauxgatti and Mortaliser after the Foggatti and Immortaliser look)

AVF Regular
    Makes me wanna buy an AGAT-2 just to buy a fogatti top cap. Will look sweet on a sigelei 8W hybrid.
    Mushman likes this.

Some good suggestions put forward, tyvm guys. Looks like my next step will either be the Provari or a mech mod. Guess Im a bit of a lazy or something as I don't think Im ready to get into mech mods, I like having a screen for vv/vw settings and resistance for some reason. Guess I'm just not sure how mech mods truly work, either pulse or use a kick ey? I don't do a lot of dripping yet, its more for flavor testing but that could change.

I like the look of the trident dripper, will it fit on a Vamo? Otherwise the cyclone looks good. I keep eyeing the ebaron but I do like to make my own coils, and this would be going down the path of wire joining, not sure I want to go there, lol.

I think my Vamo will always remain my main unit for use at work, its a good manageable size. From what I can see the Provari is a bigger unit, but would be nice to come home and use a high quality mod for kicking around the house.

Mech Mods are just RAW power mate,no electronics,no protection so you are starting out with around 4 odd Volts on a fully charged Battery.

They are great with RBA's especially when you get better at building coils and can match the resistance to the Voltage for the best Vape.

One thing with the Cyclone as an RBA is that the wick is a bit more fiddly to make. You will need to make a template to cut the mesh to a certain shape and size and it has an inverted tank.

I'd suggest to check out some reviews on the Tube on these drippers and Genny styles so you have a good understanding before spending the dosh. It can get extremely frustrating at first as most will agree but like anything there is a pay off with persistence

The Vamo will come in handy for measuring a newly built atty too and should take pretty much anything as far as Atty's go.

I see the advantages of the Provari for sure as far as a VV/VW Mod goes, but cannot fault my Zmax as it does pretty much the same thing for 100 bucks. She stands a bit shorter than the Vamo but definitely a far superior unit for the price....if the price isn't a Problem then go for the Provari.

Anyhow good luck mate
    lheamfrg and killmeimhere like this.

Oh yeah, a cheap KTS Mech Mod or similar are always handy for pulsing the coils to see they all light up...in fact the Kamry Mech's are great value anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast