Coil Advice Needed

Following on from my post Lesson Learnt I am after some advice.

This afternoon, I decided to strip the atty down and build a complete new wick and coil combo. I must say, it turned out pretty good, with a nice uniform coil wrap that didn't take too long to get all the coils glowing together.

The problem I noticed though was that after a few pulses of the button, the coils would stay glowing, i.e. the power was still being fed, even though the button on the battery was not being pressed. I tried a separate battery, with the same result. I am doing this on a Kamry X6 VV battery.

My question is, would this be because it is a variable voltage battery and I should only be using the atty on a pure mechanical, or could it be something to do with the centre pin, as Mushman mentioned on my other post?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

I did put some juice in it and it certainly tasted good, before it started to self fire.

So the coil is firing without pressing the button?

Tried it on anything else?

Sounds like the X6 is faulty.
    Last edited by Mushman; 02-09-13 at 08:01 PM.

Yeah, tried it on two separate X6's Mushman. It works fine for a while and then after a few vapes, it just stays on, even though the button is not pressed.