Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By T7x
  • 1 Post By DEATHGUYJ
  • 2 Post By bethydy
  • 1 Post By oznewbie

Thread: Kanger Tech Mini Protank

Kanger Tech Mini Protank

I need some advice how best to prime the Kanger Tech Mini Protank.

After filling the tank all works well, but when I return to use the tank the next day it is reluctant to deliver sufficient vapour volume. It does eventually get up-to-speed but I'm wondering if there is some process I am not implementing in order to achieve consistent vapour output.

I'm using 2.5 ohm coils, an itaste VW (2013) and also use an eGo VV 650 mAH and eGo VV 900mAH variable voltage click system. I set the voltage in accordance with the installed coil based on the reference chart provided with the Mini Protank.

Is it normal for there to be a drop of liquid on the top of the battery, there always appears to be some liquid there whenever I remove the tank from the battery?

I've just loaded up a new Mini Protank (with supplied 2.2 ohm coil) with House of Liquid Minotaur (@ 1.2% not steeped) received from Georgio this morning and the Mini Protank is working superbly but I expect the same 'priming' issue will occur at some point?

What's the best way to clean a coil between refills?
    Last edited by AstroBoy; 04-09-13 at 09:37 PM.

What's the VG content of your juice? *maybe* it needs warming up to flow properly??!! Doesn't sound likely tho.

Also, check the wick isn't held too tightly by the grommet that side above it.

As for cleaning, if you're changing flavours, use a new one, the old flavour will almost always rant the new flavour. Between uses, give it a real good wash under hot water from the tap (not boiling water from the kettle).
    Combined Vape tally - $1,202.36 since 18JUL13
    His and hers provaris just destroyed my break even timeframe!!

T7x
    AVF Regular
    Pull out your top flavour wick, guides on YouTube.
    Pueronline likes this.
    Do you know de way 👺

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by AstroBoy View Post
    I need some advice how best to prime the Kanger Tech Mini Protank.

After filling the tank all works well, but when I return to use the tank the next day it is reluctant to deliver sufficient vapour volume. It does eventually get up-to-speed but I'm wondering if there is some process I am not implementing in order to achieve consistent vapour output.

I'm using 2.5 ohm coils, an itaste VW (2013) and also use an eGo VV 650 mAH and eGo VV 900mAH variable voltage click system. I set the voltage in accordance with the installed coil based on the reference chart provided with the Mini Protank.

Is it normal for there to be a drop of liquid on the top of the battery, there always appears to be some liquid there whenever I remove the tank from the battery?

I've just loaded up a new Mini Protank (with supplied 2.2 ohm coil) with House of Liquid Minotaur (@ 1.2% not steeped) received from Georgio this morning and the Mini Protank is working superbly but I expect the same 'priming' issue will occur at some point?

What's the best way to clean a coil between refills?
    if your finding juice has leaked from the bottom of the coil onto the battery and performance is down it usually means your coil is flooded and not able to heat the juice properly when my protanks do this I take out the coil and blow down the air tube on the coil to get the excess juice out if you do this while the coil is still in the tank you will force more juice out of the bottom of the tank dry it off with a paper towel then install the coil again and you should be good to go
    bethydy likes this.

aussie squonk box - the punisher - sig 100 watt - tesla series modded - vampire 26650 - modded chana - kamry 200 watt
    my etsy DEATHware

I would be inclined to turn the little grommet thing on the centre pin upside down, I do this with all of my protanks automatically as sometimes they can suffocate the flavouring wicks. I would only remove these wicks if your having wicking issues with an extremely thick juice, its more prone to leaking if you remove these imo xo
    Adam and DEATHGUYJ like this.

AVF Regular
    I had this Issue (and a funny burnt taste) on my kanger t3s, turned the o ring upside down, every couple draws give it couple of short fast sucks without battery firing, and all good so far
    Adam likes this.

Turn o ring upside down or remove a flavour wick. Both slove the wicking issues and make the flavour come out. Get a bit of juice in the battery terminal in all my cleromizers.

Thanks for all the suggestions and advice.

I've noticed the Kanger MiniProtank II is now available in Australia. Best price I've seen to date is $14.99.

It will be interesting to see what changes they have made in version two.

Looks like you can take it apart. No exchangeable drip tips however.