Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: The Clone Thread

AVF Regular

The Clone Thread

why not?

not a thread discussing the ethics of clones, but the clones themselves. good points, bad points, ways to improve them or what not to do for fear of fucking them up beyond repair.

TVS diablo from fast tech. solid brass, heavy, smoothe threads, short throw on the switch, floating pin. no way to lock the switch. walking home from coles earlier it was firing in my pocket for a couple of minutes. only noticed when my leg started to feel burny. running a .5ohm dc dripper on it so i hope i didn't **** the battery.

k100, brilliant, but the metal is soft. if you drop it. you'll know about it every time you look at it. and the button is crunchy until it wears in.

kts (+), both the original and the plus a good little devices. they work better if you sand back the chrome from the contacts to expose the brass.

smok octo RDA, it's ok. orings are too small, as is the airhole.

smok mini RDA, brilliant little dripper. soft metal, but that works in its favour as the airhole is too small, but easy to enlarge. tiny chamber makes for great vapour.

also, if you have both the clone and the original. tell us how they compare.

AVF Regular
    Not a bad idea there mate esply as the quality of the clones is starting to get to a very decent quality..

Sentinal/V3 MOD clone, a soild, decent hitting telescopic mode. Threads are clean and squeak free, the full brass version is the pick of the two versions, can tarnish but cleans up easily. All brass contacts, floating center pin, 3 vent holes and a locking ring. The only things that are a neg is, that the locking ring sometimes loosens the fun button (easy fix yo can re-tighten the button with you r fingertips) but yet to fully undo the fun button, second is that if you use a 18650 protected battery, some threads in the center section will show, use an unprotected 18650 the threads are hidden. Over all a great MOD for the money.

Chi-you Clone by Hcigar, also know as the Cheat-You. Well, its an excellent Mod for the money, hits like a truck! many reviews out there say that its very hard to tell the difference in performance/hit between the Gen and the Clone, High build quality, smooth threads, very decent materials used in both the SS and Brass versions. tubes for different batteries, telescopic center pin, contacts either silver coated or brass, locking ring, short throw fun button. Very adjustable will take 95% of top devices where the Gen only takes about 80%. Some say that the use of the logo's is a huge no-no, BUT Mojo's logo's are taken directly from the Red Devils South Korean Soccer Team, even the script is taken from them (bet Mojo dont pay them royalties) anyway moving on from that, down sides where the tubes connect is not as smooth a join as a Gen, the finish (brushed) is not to the same level as the polished Gen (you could prob make it as polished with some work), the telescopic centerpin is a little fiddly to setup for the first few times after awhile very easy to get it spot on (same as the Gen so i am told).Otherwise just about a perfect Clone and MOD, some reviewers have said its as good and in some area's better than a Gen...
    Last edited by TheDishD; 05-09-13 at 12:26 AM.
    DEATHGUYJ and Samtron like this.

Stopped Smoking On the 4/7/13..Guess when i started Vaping

I'm still waiting for the Chi_You preorder for my original but might grab a second original now that I know what they are like.

Anyone that has bought a Chink_You in the co-ops should really follow this video to get the most from their clone.

ckane, DEATHGUYJ, TheDishD and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by <---cop View Post
    Chink_You

i know you didn't mean it this way, but that's and incredibly fucked thing to call it...

but on the chi you clones. i'm not the biggest fan of non telescopic mods. i use 18490's. i know i'll lose the 18650 ring at some point. also for ease of use, float pins in telescopic mods are always easier than telescopic pins in rigid mods.

but i'll probably end up with a handful of them at some point.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Smash View Post
    i know you didn't mean it this way, but that's and incredibly fucked thing to call it...

but on the chi you clones. i'm not the biggest fan of non telescopic mods. i use 18490's. i know i'll lose the 18650 ring at some point. also for ease of use, float pins in telescopic mods are always easier than telescopic pins in rigid mods.

but i'll probably end up with a handful of them at some point.
    yer Im not a fan of that term nor is ECF.. hence why i use the Euro term of Cheat-you

18490's is all i use in the Chi-U all i have done is put the 18650 tube in the box it came in and put in it my vape locker, then again i keep all the boxs that my kit come in and store them in there... oh for sure the float pin is easier and overall a better setup, again though for the price and the fact the Gen has them i can live with them.

Stopped Smoking On the 4/7/13..Guess when i started Vaping

AVF Regular
    i don't really have a vape locker...more of a vape bit of each flat surface in my room. and my floor. and my bed....and the floor next to my bed...

Good thread.
    I will be following this as I have been researching a lot (various YTs like todds' pbusardo, grimmgreen).
    As I mentioned in my "nearly everything has been delivered" thread in the newbie lounge, one of my ego twists is a dud. I seem to have come to an impass with FT, as it's not legal for us residents of Australia to post li-ion batteries, and they want me to return it.
    So I'm kind of stuck and will probably have to write it off. How can we return any faulty products with batteries?
    I'm pretty annoyed that most AU vendors that I knew of were out of stock when I ordered and had to buy them from overseas.

I was thinking spinner, but then starting looking at mods. I know I cry poor most of the time, but really I don't vape much when away from home, and in the long run it may be a better deal if the batteries are cheaper and last longer if I get a cheap clone mod and RBA/RDA for home use.

I really don't 'get' mech mods though especially at their price over $100. To me they are glorified maglite tubes!* A battery recepticle/tube, a switch and that's it.
    But I'll look into some more and definitely interested in some cheaper ones, or ones that are at least VV/VW.

* I'm not criticising getting them for fun or a hobby. I should be the last to do that, as in 2008 I was buying vintage shaving razors. My favourite is a 1911 GEM SE and a 1922 Gilette new improved, also I play around with 1950s and 1960s DE adjustables.
    My point is I spent a lot of cash buying and playing with 40 of them to find 4 favourites. So with vaping, I'd rather get the right ones first and not pay for the top dollar ones. Did you know a damn razor goes for $700+ (edit as of 2011, could be even more now), just because it has different dates, or numbers, or dials, or button on a different place to the $50 ones! That's what I'm talking about, most of what I got back then is in a box unused and I don't want to repeat that waste of money in any other hobby. Sorry for nerdy razor chat.
    Last edited by coopz; 05-09-13 at 06:40 AM.
    DEATHGUYJ likes this.

HCigar Chi-You - a different take

My main extension tube came with a defect. It looks like the rolled tube was bodgy, the seam is exposed and pretty ugly. It's too deep to buff out. (pic below)
    Box had already been torn open when I received it.
    510 thread rough and poor - I wouldn't try screwing a good attie into it.
    Pins are silver plated but thread loosely and therefore seem flimsy.
    The vendor won't send a replacement extension tube unless you order more gear from him, so I'm told.

The engraving of the logo on the tube is very nice.
    The rest of it seems OK, but comparing it to a Smok Magneto for similar price it comes off poorly.
    This was my first clone and probably my last. I know some people got good ones and are thrilled but in my case it was a case of as they say, you get what you pay for.

chi_you_clone.jpg
    Last edited by spurius; 05-09-13 at 09:00 AM.

AVF Regular
    Steam turbine clone coming. I'll run coop
    spawn_8, unik, Olfella and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by <---cop View Post
    Chink_You
    These words are discriminating and offensive for people with the related ethnicity and shouldn't be encouraged. I am sure you don't mean that so please choose the words wisely.
    Last edited by porkchop; 05-09-13 at 10:07 AM.
    Quit on 10.06.2013
    Ave Smoked: 15-20/Day for 22 years
    Spent on Smoke: $600/month when 1 pack = $18

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast