Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Need a new charger: thoughts?

AVF Regular

Need a new charger: thoughts?

Hi, so yesterday we had a little power surge, and even though my charger is plugged into one of those fancy shmancy protected power boards, all the LED indicators on it, bar one, are remaining green when I put a battery in it. I now have to spend my monthly juice budget on a friggen charger.

I own the Soshine SC S1 Mix v3, which has been nothing but a PITA since I bought it. Dropped $50 on it and it simply doesn't do the job of a $50 charger. Hilariously, this is the second one I've had. The first one blew up and started smoking 2 days after I bought it. Vendor replaced it. On this one, the LEDs for the smaller bay did the weird green light always on thing even when a battery isn't in there about 3 weeks after I got it. Been that way ever since. Because I don't use 18350s I ignored it.

I was thinking about buying the Efest LUC charger from VK. Efest LUC Smart Charger

Anyone had this charger for longer than 2 months that can give me an idea of what it's like?
    Is there something else I should be looking at? I don't really care about cash, so a $1-20 difference isn't a factor, but anything over $50 is out of my budget because I am poor.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Rynxa; 05-09-13 at 07:33 AM.
    Words are fun.
    Steam powered and smoke free since January 2013.
    Addiction is bad, let me explain it to you after I finish this coffee.

AVF Regular
    Good thread Rynxa.

I'm interested in one of those as well so will be interested in opinions / reviews. Interested in charging times as well, the Trustfire TR001 I have takes an eternity to charge a 3400mah 18650.
    Rynxa likes this.
    Pipes, tubes, boxes, atomisers.

ECHO ALPHA DELTA CHARLIE

AVF Regular

Need a new charger: thoughts?

I've got the efest LUC and had it for almost 2 months. I really like it and its nice that it has both DC and car cables.
    Only gripe I have with it is the part that the negative goes to. It's a little flimsy and can bend if your not being careful. I noticed it straight away and can't see it being a problem I be careful with it.

EDIT: I mostly use 18350 AW and Efest batts. Takes max 1 hour to charge from 3.4 - 4.2v
    Rynxa likes this.
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Hey Rynxa forward my mail onto Mr Ute

JetBeam i4 pro interlicharger for around $25(presently) is the best charger you can buy IMO, it beats the pants off of chargers costing twice as much or even more than twice as much.
    Last edited by Noe; 05-09-13 at 08:09 AM.
    keyboardmama likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Hey Rynxa forward my mail onto Mr Ute
    Sure thing Mr Noe.
    Noe likes this.
    Words are fun.
    Steam powered and smoke free since January 2013.
    Addiction is bad, let me explain it to you after I finish this coffee.

AVF Regular
    Thank you Mr Noe.
    Pipes, tubes, boxes, atomisers.

ECHO ALPHA DELTA CHARLIE

Noe
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    You're welcome Mr Ute.

How is Mrs Ute & the Utelets?
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Still learning about this, don't have the gear yet myself though. Anyone here used xtar WP2 II ?

I used to have batteries coming out from everywhere due to torches, multimeters, thermometers and test gear for a/c repair, and I remember that brand of charger being talked about for 18650 cells.

Edit: Searched this forum just in case the xtar was rubbish, found an old thread suggesting the nitecore i4 also recomended.
    Last edited by coopz; 05-09-13 at 08:37 AM.

Noe
    Quote Originally Posted by coopz View Post
    Still learning about this, don't have the gear yet myself though. Anyone here used xtar WP2 II ?

I used to have batteries coming out from everywhere due to torches, multimeters, thermometers and test gear for a/c repair, and I remember that brand of charger being talked about for 18650 cells.

Edit; Searched this forum just in case the xtar was rubbish, found an old thread suggesting the nitecore i4 also suggested.
    Not as good as the JetBeam & more expensive normally.
    The JetBeam is the one I use & it can charge 4 batts simultaneously, these can be Ni-Cad, NIMH or LI-ION or any combination of the 3 types.
    Do that on most other chargers & you will have either A. A fire or B. No power because you tripped the fuses or C. Exploding batts, Fire & Blown fuses/circuit breakers.

Seriously guys, do a little research on chargers like I did & you'll see why most of the chargers recommended are not as good as the JetBeam or if they are as good they cost a lot more.
    Essie's Glass DTs

Goz
    I have the Trustfire TR-001, Xtar WP2, and Nitecore Intellicharger I4 and the one I use the most is the Nitecore it fits any battery I care to throw in it without adaptors or stuffing around, charges pretty quickly when only sing 2 bays, I can tell at a glance where it is in the charging cycle. My Xtar charges a bit quicker but you have to use adaptors for smaller batteries. I like the fact I can charge AA Nicads with the Nitecore, its a handy extra feature.

Link to review
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...ge-comparisons
    Last edited by Goz; 05-09-13 at 09:22 AM.
    Rynxa likes this.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast