Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: how to polish mods

how to polish mods

hey guys, just curious
    what do you use to polish mods

need something for, Aluminium, Brass and SS ?

thanks, tried google but its all about cars and shit, just wanna know what I can use for a wee little mech mod and atty

fad
    AVF Regular
    Glen and TheDishD like this.

AVF Regular
    What polishing gear do you have available to you Glen. Its surprising what you can get done with just a piece of pizza box and brasso if you have the time and patience
    TheDishD likes this.
    My biggest fear is that I might die and my missus will sell my vape gear for what I told her it cost

Konstantinos Farsalinos Nothing will be offered to you. You have to fight for your rights....

i have nothing atm, dunno what i need ha

AVF Regular
    then if is something soft like ally or brass just get a piece of card board and some brasso and rub away while watching TV or when you have nothing better to do. Its slow but will give you a nice mirror finish.
    TheDishD likes this.
    My biggest fear is that I might die and my missus will sell my vape gear for what I told her it cost

Konstantinos Farsalinos Nothing will be offered to you. You have to fight for your rights....

AVF Regular
    A dremel or similar style tool will go a long way to getting things polished, but the cardboard and brasso do indeed work fine and yes it takes time, but excellent results thou...

Stopped Smoking On the 4/7/13..Guess when i started Vaping

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDishD View Post
    A dremel or similar style tool will go a long way to getting things polished, but the cardboard and brasso do indeed work fine and yes it takes time, but excellent results thou...
    A dremel is quite handy but with the softer stuff like brass or aluminium they can bite and dig little dimples that will annoy the hell out of you every time the light catches it the wrong way. If your going to use a dremel on stainless keep your speed right down or it will get so dam hard you will want to throw it away.
    TheDishD likes this.

I've always just used a cotton cloth with brasso - something like an old singlet. Is there something about doing it with cardboard that is better ? I've never heard of using cardboard!

does pizza box and brasso works on ss too? it will be handy this tuesday when i order some
    DEATHGUYJ likes this.

AVF Regular
    The card board is just a little more rigid so easier to work with on large flat surfaces. The bottoms and tops of mods will do ok on an old bit of window glass

Yes the pizza box and brasso works ok on stainless Im working on the sigeli #19 at the moment getting it ready for gold plated accents and its looking ok.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast