Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Bought a Kayfun Lite and IGO-L! What else do you guys recommend??

AVF Regular

Bought a Kayfun Lite and IGO-L! What else do you guys recommend??

Hi fellow AVF'ers :-)

Not having much luck with building a Gennie that did not taste metallic, my recently purchased provari is just collecting dust, as all my dripping atomisers are for bottomfed mods and would leak juice through the battery post.

I did however have some success with the bodgiest looking microcoil lol and some cotton ball as wick in my Chalice RDA. To ensure that my latest and most expensive mod does get some loving, I did go out and purchase for myself a Kayfun Lite and an IGO-L RDA.

Now I also have a cheap mechanical mod, the K-100, which I plan to replace with a Smoktech Magneto as soon as my budget allows for this.
    Which atomizer do you guys recommend I use on the provari and on the k-100?

Also, I am wanting to try Ekowool as I am not a fan of that silica taste. What size ekowool do you recommend I get? And which gauge kanthal for which mod/attie?

I'd love to hear all your ideas and experiences on using these atomizers and mods.
    Cheers
    Kev

AVF Regular
    Hey kev,a micro coil on the igo with cotton rocks,but leave a little so you can bend it down towards the deck after traping to the posts to get better air flo,I use 30 awg 10 wraps on 18 guage needle and comes to around 1.2ohm and running on the provari e at 4v.Ekowool is still silica just woven differently,I don't really taste it and it wicks like a champ.Ive been using 2mm solid in the cyclone the last few days and love it.cheers
    magick81 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Firstly ecowool is silica, just braided. Some think it wicks better than twisted silica others do not agree. Silica is not my preference as I can't get past the throat **** feel.
    Second save up for a Reo or a Bogger box and take advantage of you bf attys particularly the chalice. If you have dipped you toe in the dripping pond already with micro coils and cotton balls you may never surpass that quality of vape. I have a Russian on the way, but all my gennies are gathering dust after mastering their setup many moons ago and still finding them lacking.
    I have a shelf full of mech mods and a Zmax that also get little use. I ended up building my own bf mods from wood as soon as I got into micros and cotton, I couldn't wait for a Reo or Bogger box I was that sold.
    Whatever you decode from this I hope it helps.
    kptrip, magick81 and Toddosh like this.
    Vaping since July 2012.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddosh View Post
    Hey kev,a micro coil on the igo with cotton rocks,but leave a little so you can bend it down towards the deck after traping to the posts to get better air flo,I use 30 awg 10 wraps on 18 guage needle and comes to around 1.2ohm and running on the provari e at 4v.Ekowool is still silica just woven differently,I don't really taste it and it wicks like a champ.Ive been using 2mm solid in the cyclone the last few days and love it.cheers
    Awesome, thanks, I guess I'll pick up just a little bit of 2mm Ekowool to try out. I already have 1,2 &3mm Silica wicks which ive had for a long time and do not get any use at all, lol, they just sit in their bags looking pretty haha

Quote Originally Posted by studiovape View Post
    Firstly ecowool is silica, just braided. Some think it wicks better than twisted silica others do not agree. Silica is not my preference as I can't get past the throat **** feel.
    Second save up for a Reo or a Bogger box and take advantage of you bf attys particularly the chalice. If you have dipped you toe in the dripping pond already with micro coils and cotton balls you may never surpass that quality of vape. I have a Russian on the way, but all my gennies are gathering dust after mastering their setup many moons ago and still finding them lacking.
    I have a shelf full of mech mods and a Zmax that also get little use. I ended up building my own bf mods from wood as soon as I got into micros and cotton, I couldn't wait for a Reo or Bogger box I was that sold.
    Whatever you decode from this I hope it helps.
    Thanks for the advice studiovape. I already have myself a Reo Grand, and a RedSkyMods Cutlass II, so I am no newbie when it comes to the bottom-feeders.
    Last month, I myself was also telling ppl to get into dripping, and to get a bottom feeder, so they wouldnt have to manually drip anymore.

I guess I'm getting a little bored and looking for something to get excited about again, lol, just wanna try something new.
    I really reckon the BF mods have ruined me, because almost everything I try these days, I always go back to them hahah

But I do have high hopes for the Kayfun Lite and IGO-L on microcoils with cotton. And I intend to also try the traditional way with some Ekowool too, to see if I can ever get used to that.

Cheers for the helpful advice guys, and keep the ideas coming ;-)

Cheers
    Kev

btw, whats with emoticons? Everytime I try and put a smiley in my post, i get an icon with a ugly blue "?" instead lol

AVF Regular
    Oh yeah, I just had another question regarding the Ekowool.

I am about to place an order for some 2mm ekowool. There are two options. I can get it with hollow braid, or with threads inside the braid. Whick would you guys recommend?

Cheeres
    Kev

No the ekowool is a tube ... i have a vid somewhere where they stick 2mm inside 3mm but ill have to find it tomorrow but it looks boss and we will be trying it when my order gets in.

AVF Regular
    Vapersphere sells the 2mm hollow and solid,they both wick the same but the solid holds its shape and is more round like silica,I like the solid for that reason,cheers

AVF Regular
    I'll order a bit of both to try

My deal for the Kayfun fell through, so I ended up ordering one from intaste. Also ordered a spares kit, provari ring and the 510 drip tip bender.
    I hope shipping is as fast as advertised (3-4 days)

My two favorites right now are the kayfun (good choice mate) and the ithaka. I haven't tried the clones but I hear good things on the magoo. The ithaka will require using resistance and non resistance wire. Ekowool and silica will both work fine in it. Just my 2 cents.

AVF Regular

Bought a Kayfun Lite and IGO-L! What else do you guys recommend??

I have spent the last week watching every KFL vid on YouTube that I could find lol.

Anyways today I tried my first build on silica and failed miserably. My coils looked horrible and when checking the resistance on the Provari I got an error. So I binned that coil/wick and decided to go with what I've had the most success with.

So I rolled a 1.3ohm micro coil around a 14ga needle with 28ga Kanthal, and put some cotton ball for the wick.

Built it perfectly the first time. No leaks or dry hits. I am loving it. Vaping Fancee Juice Meesetrack Macchiato at 3.7 volts on the Provari. Yummy.

I love the way it looks, I love the way it vapes. I am really happy with my purchase!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Hoey likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast