Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Ithaka queries

AVF Regular

Ithaka queries

Stupid me bought an ithaka without watching a review first to see that I needed no res wire, couple of questions:

Do I really need no res wire? Why?

I don't have a "zapper" to melt the wires together like in igetcha's video, how do you do it?

Any Aussie suppliers selling no res wire?

And finally what are these parts for??

uploadfromtaptalk1378472003536.jpg

Invested in vaping so far: Stopped counting Break even in: Never! And that's OK
    "We don't inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"

Yes you do need r and nr wires. Simon at ecigmodshop sells them.. you also wont need a zapper. You can simply twist them together

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Looks like rethreaders... a ggts ss lid...the bottom one i cant quite make out

ckane likes this.

AVF Regular
    Those top ones look like the re-threaders for a ggts, that top cap fuk knows? and the other thing looks like the nut off the Ithaker ????
    Move along!!! Nothing to see here.

AVF Regular
    Seeing as I'm a kayfun fanboy these days, I can send you some no-res wire if you want?????
    Quote Originally Posted by genoxy View Post
    Stupid me bought an ithaka without watching a review first to see that I needed no res wire, couple of questions:

Do I really need no res wire? Why?

I don't have a "zapper" to melt the wires together like in igetcha's video, how do you do it?

Any Aussie suppliers selling no res wire?

And finally what are these parts for??

uploadfromtaptalk1378472003536.jpg

The small nut is the replacement nut that you use to solve gurgling issues if you have them.
    ckane likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzmiguel View Post
    Looks like rethreaders... a ggts ss lid...the bottom one i cant quite make out

GGTS ss lid?

I've spent the last half hour trying to figure out where it goes but can't... Lol

Anyone else know?

Invested in vaping so far: Stopped counting Break even in: Never! And that's OK
    "We don't inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"

AVF Regular
    Cruz would be on the money, the only other that could clarify would be vinny.

The rethreaders go on the 510 connector each one will take a specific atomizer eg 510..901..etc.. the lid screws on top a ggts like a top cap

From top to bottom of your picture:

- 2 x rethreaders : you can put that away, don't need to use them as these days 510 is standard connection.
    - 901 top cap: this should come with your GGTS which sitting on top of the GGTS collector tank NOT the Ithaka.
    - Ithaka top internal nut: Use this to replace the longer one which originally assembled to prevent/eliminate gurgling.

You do need NR - R - NR coil setup as you only want resistance wire to burn juice on the wick not inside the channels as well (you definitely don't want that), thus minimize resistance (ohms). You know Non-Resistance wire doesn't heat the juice and next to non ohm reading. If you don't use NR - R - NR then you would have coil with much higher ohm reading, you don't want this either.

How do you connect NR to R wire? You just twist them together. Watch Ithaka, Odysseus, Penelope setup youtube videos and you will do that with no problem. It is very simple, just take time to do it probably.

Welcome to GG world mate and have fun!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast