Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Please help me!!!

AVF Regular

Please help me!!!

i thought i would clean my 510 atty using rubbing alcohol once i cleaned it and let it dry i now have an aftershave like perfumey taste i further investigated and realized the alcohol had perfume as an ingrediant! does anyone know how i can remove the perfumey taste or is it screwed??

AVF Regular
    hmm.... sounds nasty... I don't know if you can save it but for future reference.....

Safe cleaners include boiling water, distilled water, vinegar, vodka/pure grain alcohol and 99% pure isopropanol (NOT 100%...can't remember why but a chemist explained it to me before I started vaping.... I think perhaps the last 1% consisted of methanol but don't quote me on it lol )
    Last edited by GirlyPantz; 08-09-13 at 09:43 PM.
    Samtron likes this.

Super Moderator
    I would try soaking it in vinegar ... can't guarantee it'll work though
    GirlyPantz, Samtron and necro like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    I can't remember who told me to do this but it works really well for removing flavour and smell for stuff. Put it in a cup and cover it with white vinegar and pop it in the microwave for one minute -no more. Then rinse it under hot running water for a while. That's what I do with my drippers anyway.
    GirlyPantz and avtek like this.

Done the same thing first cleanout ever used 100% isoproypl alchohol then proceeded to vape and the fumes were unbearable so i soaked it in apple cider vinegar for a half our then soaked in water for another half hour alchohol residue's gone.
    GirlyPantz likes this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Vinegar or lemon juice soak for 1-2 hrs, then boil in a pot of water on the stove for a minute or two should remove all traces of perfume flavors.
    GirlyPantz and Samtron like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Quote Originally Posted by JenJ View Post
    I can't remember who told me to do this but it works really well for removing flavour and smell for stuff. Put it in a cup and cover it with white vinegar and pop it in the microwave for one minute -no more. Then rinse it under hot running water for a while. That's what I do with my drippers anyway.
    Might not be that safe for an atty with metal parts tho ....
    Samtron likes this.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rifdarkone View Post
    Might not be that safe for an atty with metal parts tho ....
    Perfectly safe ... I've been doing it for over 12 months without arcing once
    Noe and GirlyPantz like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

Is that because all the metal parts are submerged in liquid ? I'd always just assumed metal in a microwave was a big nono...

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rifdarkone View Post
    Is that because all the metal parts are submerged in liquid ? I'd always just assumed metal in a microwave was a big nono...
    Short answer ... yes
    Noe, GirlyPantz and rifdarkone like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast