Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: The Kick

AVF Regular

The Kick

Hi,

I have been hearing a lot on using a kick for your mod and watched some videos on youtube. As I am planning to get a K100 from Fasttech soon, I just have couple of questions before I set everything up.

1. I have couple of 18500 protected batteries, can I use them with a kick in this mod? A lot of people were saying you shouldn't use unprotected battery in mechnical mod.
    2. I am planning to use a clearo runs between 1.5 - 2.2 ohm, do I really need a kick?
    3. Where can I buy a kick? I don't see fasttech sell any of it.

Cheers
    Quit on 10.06.2013
    Ave Smoked: 15-20/Day for 22 years
    Spent on Smoke: $600/month when 1 pack = $18

AVF Regular
    You can buy one from me

imr batteries are best in a mech

what do you vape with at the moment
    porkchop likes this.

AVF Regular
    Yes you can run a kick in the K100.
    You will be able to run a kick in any telescopic mod, or any mod that fits 18650 batteries (when using 18490/500)
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

AVF Regular
    Its best for a new person who is not comfortable with Mech Mods to use protected batteries, but they are not be all of Mech batteries, as Brian said IMR batteries are the best hitting batteries once/when you are happy with using a Mech,
    Its not 100% needed for a Mech to use a kick, but some like to be able to increase the Wattage for their coils, with a clearo its not that required, more for low resistance gennies/drippers/RBA etc, but you can still use a kick for sure if you wish.
    there are the Evolv kick and kick 2 and then theres the Sigelei kick clone,Vaping Mad has one i think its the SigeleiVM Kick - Electronic Cigarettes - VapingMadElectronic Cigarettes – VapingMad and so does VC Kick Variable Power Microprocessor

be advised that the kick may not fit inside the MOD, some are not tall enough with certain batteries, some are not wide enough in the tube to take a kick, people have been know to sand down the outside of the kick to make it fit, i would not advise this for someone new to vaping..
    google the MOD you wish to use with Kick in the search title that should let yo know if they fit or not.
    Last edited by TheDishD; 11-09-13 at 02:09 PM.
    porkchop likes this.

Stopped Smoking On the 4/7/13..Guess when i started Vaping

AVF Regular
    Thanks very much guys. It seems IMR battery is the best for the kick. Will I boom myself if I use the protected battery with the kick?
    I have a KTS+ and a SVD but thinking to get K100 as many great comments around this mod. I am quite new to the mech so am trying to learn as much as I can to avoid blow myself up
    Quit on 10.06.2013

Don't worry, you won't go boom with the kick and an uprotected.

Quote Originally Posted by porkchop View Post
    Thanks very much guys. It seems IMR battery is the best for the kick. Will I boom myself if I use the protected battery with the kick?
    I have a KTS+ and a SVD but thinking to get K100 as many great comments around this mod. I am quite new to the mech so am trying to learn as much as I can to avoid blow myself up
    you wont go boom with kick and protected but i suspect none of mods currently out there support protected batt with kick because it will require really long tube. just stick to safe chemistry like imr (aw or efest) or hybrid imr/icr like panasonic cgr or ncr (10amp output) or mnke batteries you should be ok
    porkchop likes this.

AVF Regular
    I also have couple of this Panasonic https://www.fasttech.com/products/1141100 batteries. Do you, or has anyone used them in K100 with kick?

Quote Originally Posted by silverx View Post
    you wont go boom with kick and protected but i suspect none of mods currently out there support protected batt with kick because it will require really long tube. just stick to safe chemistry like imr (aw or efest) or hybrid imr/icr like panasonic cgr or ncr (10amp output) or mnke batteries you should be ok
    Quit on 10.06.2013

would have got this https://www.fasttech.com/products/1233700 as this is 10amp discharge rate, but if you are going to use kick anyway i dont think it matters since kick's maximum output is 2.5amp(i think? but certainly lower than 6.8amp - the one that you bought)

i have never used kick nor k100 sorry mate but hopefully the info i have provided so far helps
    porkchop likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by porkchop View Post
    I also have couple of this Panasonic https://www.fasttech.com/products/1141100 batteries. Do you, or has anyone used them in K100 with kick?
    The 18650's won't fit in the K100 with a kick. A 18500 or 18350 + kick will fit.
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast