Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Opdeemist

Thread: Taifun GS - Arrived

Taifun GS - Arrived

Hey Guys n Gals,

Vapemail day with the presentation of my new multi purpose clearo/tank RBA system.

The Taifun GS
    image.jpg

Let me just say for anybody that enjoys GP Spheroid, EVOD BCC or Kayfun type taste and RBA's you should give one of these beauties a try.

Multiple setups from a slightly bigger Spheroid type deal to Silica rebuildable gravity tank and Dripping system.

So far have no leaking issues and no leaks (EDIT: Really, Duh....! No leaking issues and no leak, wow...Sorry about that). Running it on a Dingo with a kick. Tried it with a Nemi, GP Paps and a Vision Fatboy Spinner. Looks all ok but on the Spinner it looks a little Dow Chemical Syndrome going on.

Just wanted to share. If you're looking for something that can be set up multiple ways and can't get hold of or are waiting for the Taifun GT, then I can say its not a bad little bit of kit.

Vape On McDuff.

;~ D

*** Update ****

Right, now i had a couple of days to play around with my new toy. I have tried a couple of different setups.

Firstly was the GP Spheroid type setup with Jewel filler. Although a very similar to Spheroid experience, for me the filler dilutes the taste a little. Maybe at a later date I will try another filler. However, saying that there was no sense of any taste from the filler itself, I found it just was not as tasty as the next setup I tried. Having said that, it was very good on equal footing as the Spheroid, but with a bigger tank. (I used the plastic tank, not the stainless steel version)

image.jpg

The goal post setup was the one that in which I was amazed. The taste was so in your face, natural. I initially tried it with Ekowool 2mm. I found due to Ekowool having a larger diameter than Silika, the 2mm version is too big. In my initial setup I guess I cut the strand too short roughly 10 mm (which I got from the picture on the manual) which due to the size of the wick, wicking was having some issues. In trying to prime the wick, (placing your finger over the air hole whilst drawing on the drip tip/ mouth piece I sucked one on the wick strands back through the hole into the coil reservoir. Allowing for a mix of dry hits thus wanting to prime again leading to flooding.

image.jpg

I subsequently emptied and cleaned the tank out setting up a new wick and coil using 2mm Silica with 32 AWG 3/4 coil.

Wow......all of a sudden I was transported into a fantasy land of eJuice bliss. Boba's was at the door knocking and then forcing his way tap dancing on my taste buds. I could almost hear the sirens call Ohh ahhh ahhhh aaaaah, Ohh ahhh ahhhh aaaaah! Wow, now thats the way things were suppose to taste.

image.jpg

I have found my preferred setup with this little gem, and she indeed is a little diamond.

Other tid bits. I changed the air pipe to 1mm which I found was slighlty too tight a draw for me personally, but if you prefer a tighter draw that option is available to you for about $2.
    When it comes time to change the wick & coil, I will also try the 1.5mm pipe that I got. But at the moment I find the original 1.2mm that comes as standard to be spot on.

Another personal preference for me is that although it looks great, the drip-tip is a little sharp. I changed it out for a slightly wider more rounder barrel something that doesn't seem so crisp and sharp. Less Ming drip-tip style.
    Last edited by Opdeemist; 14-09-13 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Added Photo, edited some text and added somethings
    bugzme, lheamfrg, Samtron and 1 others like this.

Anyone now how to change the name of the thread, to Taifun GS - 2 cents Review.