Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Decision time - vamo/svd/zmax OR innokin mvp 2 - ???

  1. #1
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,160

    Decision time - vamo/svd/zmax OR innokin mvp 2 - ???

    hi folks - I'm having a bit of trouble deciding which way to go regarding buying my first VV device - at the moment i only have one X6 1300mah battery (which lasts me a day and a half) and a 650mah ego for backup

    I've done a bit of research and am leaning to the innokin mvp 2 which is about $50 aud from fasttech - i realise it will take a while to get here so i'm thinking i should order one soon as i'm paranoid that my current batteries will eventually spit the dummy

    I've had a look at the vamo, the svd and the zmax - they all go the extra volt to 6 volts - but they are all a whole lot bigger in 18650 mode than the mvp 2 and also ill have to buy batteries for them at pretty high prices here in aust now that there is a shipping crackdown on batteries from Asia

    as well as this i dont think i'll be able to use these unprotected batteries in a mech mod - which ill be getting into eventually

    so i'd love to hear from people who have used the larger vamo/svd/zmax type devices and compared them to the innokin mvp devices - what will i miss out on with the mvp 2?

    thanks in advance!

    (btw: at this stage I'm using tanks and atomisers ranging from 1.5ohms to 2.4ohms )

  2. #2
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,048
    The only one i can really comment on is the SVD as its the only one i've got from the list. It is ridiculously huge in 18650 but is a great strong and reliable mod.
    Using unprotected batteries are fine for mech mods, but I would spend the extra cash and get good quality ones such as AW imr. Your best never to skimp on batteries and charger so get the best you can afford.

    I've only ever heard awesome things about the MVP and will be ordering one for myself soon too.

    Good luck.
    Mick
    eteach, Samtron and avtek like this.
    supporter of genuine mods and attys


  3. #3
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Killarney Heights, NSW
    Posts
    999
    I've got a SVD and it performs great. Mind you you need a decent charger and good battery (10A perhaps). FT has some decent 10A Panasonic/Sony batteries otherwise you should use AW IMR. FT uses Singapore Post so no worries on batteries.

    I would say MVP V2 would be better choice as battery is included and costs less. All you need is a wall plug that works with the USB cable and you are good to go. As all these PV are already out in the market for some time so you can expect newer model isn't far away. Surely MVP has some limitation but it performs as what is expected.
    Last edited by porkchop; 15-09-13 at 02:11 AM.
    Samtron and avtek like this.
    Quit on 10.06.2013
    Ave Smoked: 15-20/Day for 22 years
    Spent on Smoke: $600/month when 1 pack = $18

  4. #4
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    926
    have to agree with the two above.

    Got my svd a week ago and i'm loving it...yes it's huge. But it's strong.

    From what i gather trying to get 6 volts out of any of them won't really happen unless your stacking batteries.

    i got some panasonic's from fasttech with my svd. The only reason i got it over the mvp was the ohm checker, the replaceable battery, and the stainless brush finish as preference...otherwise the mvp was a winner in so many other ways...if the mvp 2 had a replaceable battery? i woulda got 2 of them.

    i've heard good things about the vamo.

    I suggest you watch the phil busardo videos on you tube bout each one...i got a sneaking suspicion that the other three all use the same chip? or a similar one at least. anyway he can be good value and offers good insight.

    fasttech don't sell the #2 yet. but for $45 the mvp is a pretty good deal.
    avtek likes this.



    I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

  5. #5
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Samtron View Post
    have to agree with the two above.

    Got my svd a week ago and i'm loving it...yes it's huge. But it's strong.

    From what i gather trying to get 6 volts out of any of them won't really happen unless your stacking batteries.

    i got some panasonic's from fasttech with my svd. The only reason i got it over the mvp was the ohm checker, the replaceable battery, and the stainless brush finish as preference...otherwise the mvp was a winner in so many other ways...if the mvp 2 had a replaceable battery? i woulda got 2 of them.

    i've heard good things about the vamo.

    I suggest you watch the phil busardo videos on you tube bout each one...i got a sneaking suspicion that the other three all use the same chip? or a similar one at least. anyway he can be good value and offers good insight.

    fasttech don't sell the #2 yet. but for $45 the mvp is a pretty good deal.
    samtron - fasttech is selling the v2 - it has an ohm checker - its not in the title but says so in the description - also in the reviews section buyers confirm this - interesting what you say regarding the volts and the stacking batteries etc - and the chip being the same etc

    i guess then im wondering if the chip in the mvp is as (good or better) than the other three?

  6. #6
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    926
    that i have no clue about...i think i remember basardo mentioned that the vamo/svd were quite similar...it's why i had a slight problem choosing between them...but then i decided i wanted the brushed finish and went the svd...

    so they are selling 2.0? i surprised...i wonder how much? it's a good lil package...i'm banned for buying stuff though...i need to save up money....i'm gonna buy me a fancy mech mod eventually...so being good for now lol



    I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

  7. #7
    Retired Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    NE Tasmania
    Posts
    4,375
    The MVP 2 is great, but the button is a very hard push. I only used it a couple of times before it went over to MrGruffy. Apart from the button, I can't fault it. Damn fine piece of kit!
    avtek likes this.

  8. #8
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    4,514
    I would recommend the Vamo, I normally do when this question pops up.

    Free NSW Vamo V3 Free to anyone that has not tried variable voltage and would like to
    avtek likes this.
    Pipes, tubes, boxes, atomisers.

    ECHO ALPHA DELTA CHARLIE

  9. #9
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,160
    Quote Originally Posted by 308hjute View Post
    I would recommend the Vamo, I normally do when this question pops up.

    Free NSW Vamo V3 Free to anyone that has not tried variable voltage and would like to
    very generous of you 308hjute - ill go with the flow and put myself down for the draw - with all the great things ive heard about the vamo id be silly not to give it a try - especially since the mvp2 button is apparently a pain to use as mrsgruffy and others have pointed out - thanks again!

  10. #10
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    SW VIC near Hamilton
    Posts
    3,811
    Quote Originally Posted by Samtron View Post
    that i have no clue about...i think i remember basardo mentioned that the vamo/svd were quite similar...it's why i had a slight problem choosing between them...but then i decided i wanted the brushed finish and went the svd...

    so they are selling 2.0? i surprised...i wonder how much? it's a good lil package...i'm banned for buying stuff though...i need to save up money....i'm gonna buy me a fancy mech mod eventually...so being good for now lol
    You don't have a location in your profile. If your in Melbs I can show you the mods I have. Move to mechs asap imho.....

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 06:05 AM.