Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: First Dripper Advice Please

AVF Regular

First Dripper Advice Please

Hi Vapers!

Been vaping for coming up 6 weeks now & I am loving my journey through the sea of gear & flavours. I have been using VV/VW devices with clearos & have had great success, &, if that was all that was available, would be quite happy continuing in that fashion...........however..........

After joining this community I have learned about "the other side" of vaping. The world of "Mech Mods", "RBAs" & "RDAs", & have been lured by all the "shinies" & the promise of unrivaled flavour. I have been seduced by all the temptations of the [FS] & Co-Op threads & now I have a Roller, Fogger & Kayfun Lite clone on the way with only a theoretical idea of what to do with them!

So........to my point.......eventually!

I want to buy an RDA locally to use to refine my flavours & learn how to coil. Now I am faced with IGO-S or F or L or W, Atomic, Cyclone, Cyclops, ERA......etc......kanthal 28, 30, 32........silica (in various diameters), ecowool, cotton balls, rave wick & wire, flat wire & the list goes on..............

Now I have watched many YouTube videos & I know that everyone has a different opinion & I am prepared for the inevitable "try everything & see what you like outcome".......however........if anyone can give me some "sound advise for a noob" for what to put in my first order.......it would be appreciated.......(cost is not a consideration as none of this comes close to a weeks worth of smokes......wooohooo)..........thanks in advance........
    avtek and Pipesub like this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    28g kanthal, microcoils, cotton or silca wicks or ecowool & an Igo-L or W will keep you happy.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Welcome to the dark side ... i wouldnt go the cyclone dispite it being my all day dripper its a shit to build.

I would go igow .. easy(er) to build .. cheep so you can attack it with a drill if required and will let you practice dual coils.

Go to vapersphere and get 2 of everything in the wick wire section and get trailing but will def recomend u get some ekowool and 28 30 and 32 and .5 and .3 ribbon.

Also what mod are u going to run this on ... if u go sub ohm make sure u get good batteries.

Oh and a multimeter ..

Happy vaping
    rifdarkone and laurie9300 like this.

Welcome to your brand new shiny addiction laurie.
    laurie9300 likes this.

Make sure you have some small drill bits, micro screwdrivers or something similar to wrap your microcoils on.

I've just started with rebuildables as well and from a noobs perspective the advice so far is spot on. The Igo l and w are really easy to work with.

You might want to grab a small gas torch as well so you can heat your coils to help them hold their shape.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 4
    Noe and laurie9300 like this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscillate Darkly View Post
    Welcome to the dark side ... i wouldnt go the cyclone dispite it being my all day dripper its a shit to build.

I would go igow .. easy(er) to build .. cheep so you can attack it with a drill if required and will let you practice dual coils.

Go to vapersphere and get 2 of everything in the wick wire section and get trailing but will def recomend u get some ekowool and 28 30 and 32 and .5 and .3 ribbon.

Also what mod are u going to run this on ... if u go sub ohm make sure u get good batteries.

Oh and a multimeter ..

Happy vaping
    IMO, you dont need all the wire sizes. 28G is all I use on RBA's it is a bit thicker than the other sizes & coils last longer without needing a rebuild because of that.
    The ribbon I have never used but if you are making microcoils, then you won't need it, it is only really useful on SS mesh wicks in a genny, at least that's what my understanding of it is.
    In any case, 28G is good on SS mesh too, if you plan to rebuild your clearos, some 30G might come in handy but I rebuild my comets with 28G too lol
    Gresh11, TheDishD and laurie9300 like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscillate Darkly View Post

Oh and a multimeter ..
    I have been running an iTaste VV/VW & an SVD but just received a Roller SS-M Mech Mod from the classifieds here -> FS Syd Roller SS M

I have done my battery research & will place an order soon........thanks for your safety concerns...... it is appreciated.

I have a background in electronics so a multimeter & it's use is not a problem + I have one of these coming

-> Digital Cartomizer / Atomizer Resistance Tester (Ohm Meter) CO-OP

Quote Originally Posted by rifdarkone View Post
    Make sure you have some small drill bits, micro screwdrivers or something similar to wrap your microcoils on.

You might want to grab a small gas torch as well so you can heat your coils to help them hold their shape.
    I am in the engineering game so tooling is not a problem............thank you!

Thanks everyone for your sound advice
    TheDishD and rifdarkone like this.

AVF Regular
    You got some good soild advice there laurie,
    my .2 worth 28g round wire is all i use for my coils, Igo-l/w excellent drippers with plenty of room to work on, 2-3mm silica wick or cotton, personally i only use cotton now with micro-coils, a blow torch is nice to have but u can attach your coil to the dripper and dry fire the coil till red and gently squeeze the coil together until cool, the blow torch is an easier way though. jewelers screwdrivers are reall handly for not only for wrapping (they have a range of thickness in the kit you buy) but are great for the screws in the dripper.

Good luck and welcome to the Dark side
    laurie9300 likes this.

Stopped Smoking On the 4/7/13..Guess when i started Vaping

Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    IMO, you dont need all the wire sizes. 28G is all I use on RBA's it is a bit thicker than the other sizes & coils last longer without needing a rebuild because of that.
    yeah Im not a fan of microcoils when I run 28g on my drippers I always end up with super sub ohm coils (<0.2ohms) so I have pumped back up to 30.

sounds like with your background, we should be coming to you for coiling leasons.

where in Sydney are you from we have a couple of coiling/vaping nights if you want to learn from the best (not me btw)
    laurie9300 likes this.

AVF Regular
    i just started dripping last week. Honestly, i havent touched any of my other gears, which you will see me starting to sell all of them. Anyway, running dual on my trident. I started with normal 4 wraps with 28g dual and was running 0.4-0.5ohms. As i didnt want an mini-nuke in my hand with normal 6amp limit batteries, ive swapped to 4 wraps 30g dual and now running 0.6-0.7ohms. Not as hot as before, but at least safer till the proper 10amp batteries get here. oh havent tried cotton as i cant be stuffed having to change it everytime i change flavors. Running with 1 strand 3mm ecowool each side. Quick dry burn and instant juice swap.
    laurie9300 likes this.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast