Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ssstahly
  • 1 Post By ultravape

Thread: ViVi Nova

ViVi Nova

Hey,

Just got a mini Vivi Nova tank to test out and see what I think of the top coil stile design rather than the bcc. I typically use protank or the T3S both of which i really like.

How long do you normally let the vivi sit after filling up with juice to allow the wicks to soak up? I filled it for the first time and gave it a couple of minutes to soak through and it tasted burnt and feral, have never tasted something so bad! I have also noticed over the last 15minutes the resistance on the coil is slowly dropping down from 2.8 now at 2.2ohm

Have I done something wrong, not let it sit long enough or is there an issue with the coil?

Cheers
    There's 10 types of people in this world that understand binary: those who do and those who don't.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    Hey,

Just got a mini Vivi Nova tank to test out and see what I think of the top coil stile design rather than the bcc. I typically use protank or the T3S both of which i really like.

How long do you normally let the vivi sit after filling up with juice to allow the wicks to soak up? I filled it for the first time and gave it a couple of minutes to soak through and it tasted burnt and feral, have never tasted something so bad! I have also noticed over the last 15minutes the resistance on the coil is slowly dropping down from 2.8 now at 2.2ohm

Have I done something wrong, not let it sit long enough or is there an issue with the coil?

Cheers
    In regards to the wicking, because this one is a top coil you need to 'tip' it upside down a few times here and there to get the juice up around the coil. When doing this it shouldn't take much longer than the protank to be ready.
    Not sure about the ohms..... Could be a dud coil if it doesn't relax soon.
    jman likes this.
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

hi Jm

coils tend to change resistance slightly ones you use them and
    try turning your tank up side down for a while and see if helps
    if doesn't open coil container remove silicon cup and see what's in there
    jman likes this.

I am not against the rich. I am against using wealth to gain unfair advantage.
    I am not against corporations. I am against corporations governing us.
    I am not against capitalism. I am against corruption in capitalism.
    I am not against banks. I am against legalised fraud in banking practices.
    I am not against democracy. I am against the sale of influence by our elected representatives.

Cheers guys, will give it a shot and see how it goes. Had a few toots just before and it seems to be getting a little better. Bought a pack of coils for it too so if no improvement I will swap it out for another one. I do like the warmer temp of the vape already though, hopefully the taste clears up and she will be right to go!
    There's 10 types of people in this world that understand binary: those who do and those who don't.

AVF Regular
    I had terrible luck with the Vivis.

Either not enough flavour or crank the volts up a bit and it tasted like burning plastic.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

I always put a tiny drop straight down the central hole when I fire up a new coil.

AVF Regular
    i used my vivi for two puffs. was horrible.

T7x
    AVF Regular
    If you rebuild a vivi with a microcoil and some ekowool / cotton at 0.5 ohm and right on the verge of leaking it goes okay on a mech mod. I also had to make the air holes on the 510 connector twice as big as they came stock. Just used a sharp screw because it's soft cheap metal and washed all the dust away thoroughly.

Sent from my LT29i using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    Do you know de way 👺

CCC
    I think the first few puffs are primer fluid yuck but get passed that and it goes good

AVF Regular
    i'm not a fan of the vivi novas. I found that I have to use really low volts on them or they taste burned. the coils I got were 2.8ohms and I had to vape at 3 volts or everything tasted burnt. that limited me to only using it on my vamo or sid, as nothing else goes that low. and they turned my juice brown really quickly. with a vobcc, I can use it for a good week or 2 without a coil change, but with the vivi, the juice was turning brown within a day and a half and I felt I needed to change or clean the coil really soon. some people swear by them. I don't like them.