Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Ultrasonic or Ionic Cleaner?

Ultrasonic or Ionic Cleaner?

Dear All,

I'm running low on Vodka so need to buy a cleaner for my coils.
    Where do you get your Ultrasonic Cleaner Online???
    or does Ionic Cleaner better???

Cheers!!!

Have a look on EBay they start at about 30 bucks

Ultrasonics is the way...for two reasons, it will act as a very good cleaning apparatus. But even more importantly it will assist in steeping your e liquid. It causes micro - cavitation and helps to promote the integration of flavours.
    Doc
    Lord Vaper and Samtron like this.

You'll find that you need to add some sort of solution to the water for those gadgets to work efficiently.

If you like vodka, distil your own. For around $25 per batch, you could end up with 3.7 litres of neutral spirit at 96.5% ABV (193 proof). Then water it down to 40% (8.9 litres of vodka). Heaps for cleaning coils and a hangover or two.
    Samtron likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by the Doctor View Post
    Ultrasonics is the way...for two reasons, it will act as a very good cleaning apparatus. But even more importantly it will assist in steeping your e liquid. It causes micro - cavitation and helps to promote the integration of flavours.
    Doc
    You've been doing some reading Doc...
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Kind of off topic a bit, but can I throw my mech mods into an ultrasonic cleaner to remove all the dead skin cells and stuff in the threads and clean the contacts a bit. Might even make a solution with some metal polish and water and use that in the cleaner.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Meeuwsy View Post
    Kind of off topic a bit, but can I throw my mech mods into an ultrasonic cleaner to remove all the dead skin cells and stuff in the threads and clean the contacts a bit. Might even make a solution with some metal polish and water and use that in the cleaner.
    Don't see why you wouldn't be able to. Make sure you give them a good clean after, and iso the contracts depending if they are brass/copper so prevent rust.

I grabbed a little ultrasonic cleaner locally (couldnt be bothered waiting for ebay or their postage prices) for 50 bucks (yes I know they can be bought cheaper) cant fault the little machine ... I use it for cleaning My protanks and coils/base etc and it does a great job ... I use distilled water with a cap full of miltons sterilizing fluid ... cleans everything including the coils like brand new.... it even gets rid of the smell of black licorice ejuice which is stronge stuff.
    I wouldnt use it on an original protank though ...the ones that were glued ... they come apart after a couple of cleans then you have to start searching for food grade adhesive etc to put them back together (they actually sell the food grade adhesive at super cheap auto : selleys silicone 401 adhesive industrial strength ... found that info on a australian distillers website lol)
    rinse them off with some more distilled water and a quick clean/dry with a pipe cleaner and your set to go ... I leave the coils to dry overnight though then dry burn them.

and dont be conned into buying a heated one ...if you run it through 3 or 4 cycles the water heats up to a nice warmth to help dirt lift off.

hope that helps

*EDIT*

Never thought of that doc ...will try next time I use it
    Last edited by Lord Vaper; 30-09-13 at 01:47 AM.

AVF Regular
    this is what i bought. Bought it cause it had the 99 mins function. Good for steeping juices and you dont have to sit there waiting. Run about 3-4 cycles of this and your juice is pretty much steeped. Only use glass bottles btw.

2L Digital Ultrasonic Cleaner Stainless Steel Heater Mechanical Industrial Grade | eBay

Also you can check this thread.

DIY juice mixing with ultrasonic cleaner steeping
    Samtron and Godsfallen like this.

2L Digital Ultrasonic Cleaner Stainless Steel Heater Mechanical Industrial Grade | eBay

Holy crap ...thats a bit of a monster compared to My little one lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast