Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Batteries

Batteries

Posting a newbie question for advice, it's going to wildly different to other threads started over the past 24hrs, so hold on to your chair!
    No rant or complaint here

If I was to get a mech mod or a VV/VW device, should I get protected batteries for the mech? And if so, is it better to get unprotected for the VV/VW (like a svd), or will protected work in both fine? Are unprotected and protected the same length and size for the same model? I was looking at getting 2x 18650 and 18350, but not sure if I should get some unprotected and some protected.

I thought I'd ask here as I know a member here sells them, and other people might enjoy a break from bickering with each other anyway.

I wasn't going to buy any gear for a while, but the sale at healthcabin on everything has got me thinking about a mod/VW device. (but I was going to buy batteries from Aus anyway)

Also if I get a mod, is the Igo-L still the best deal around for a RDA from an au seller? (HC have naff all, and I can't be bothered dealing with fasttech)
    Last edited by coopz; 29-09-13 at 08:21 PM.
    necro and avtek like this.

AVF Regular
    unprotected in a vw/vv device are fine as the unit itself has built in protection.
    although personally i would only ever buy protected or safe ( er ) chemistry batteries.
    there are quite a few threads on here about different batteries and safety

Super Moderator
    I used unprotected CGR18650CH Panasonic batteries on all my devices (i got the provari ones as i have one), and they work perfectly fine on all devices and mechs.

You will need to be reasonably careful with unprotected batteries and mech mods as when you have a short on an attie (has happened a few times with 306 and 510 atties for me) that the device will get hot. Unscrew the device and let the battery settle (as long as it's only a couple of seconds *eg 5-10 seconds* the battery will be fine).

Yep, once they go critical there is no stopping them I believe, I have 3 sets of different unprotected Pannies-but use a Vamo and a SVD

AVF Regular
    To help save you the time and waste of money,

Buy only Genuine AW IMR Batteries.......
    RichoVonBlack, Toddosh and rolli like this.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzme View Post
    To help save you the time and waste of money,

Buy only Genuine AW IMR Batteries.......
    Or... you could get yourself some panasonic CGR18650CH from supersports600 too!

AVF Regular
    Panasonic CGR18650CH from supersports600, he has an E-Bay shop,

2X Panasonic IMR 18650 2250mAh Lithium Manganese Vaper 3 6V CGR 18650 CH Battery | eBay

Be safe when you first start out mate, Mec Mods and unprotected batteries can wait until later, if you ever want to go down that path,
    Saxien likes this.
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

"If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",

Quote Originally Posted by RichoVonBlack View Post
    Panasonic CGR18650CH from supersports600, he has an E-Bay shop,

2X Panasonic IMR 18650 2250mAh Lithium Manganese Vaper 3 6V CGR 18650 CH Battery | eBay

Be safe when you first start out mate, Mec Mods and unprotected batteries can wait until later, if you ever want to go down that path,
    I have those plus the ncr18650pd and the latest ncr18650b''s-which SS reviewed, never a problem, even while charging they do not get overly warm and all come off the charger @ 4.21v every time, I rotate the charging cycle by using them in equal use
    RichoVonBlack likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by m0n4g3 View Post
    Or... you could get yourself some panasonic CGR18650CH from supersports600 too!
    Yeah SS600 was who I was talking about before when I said I know one member here sells them. I don't have a problem with pana, or AW from what I've read. I knew people in Pana, and I know enough about components that while sanyo are good, it's a brand that fakes often label dodgy batteries (It's been happening even 10 years ago with capacitors)

But what I was thinking of doing was buying something like a svd and a mech mod. So while I know unprotected was fine for a VW, wasn't sure whether to get some protected for the mech mod and some unprotected for the VW, or just get all protected, or just get all unprotected.
    I wasn't sure how protected ones would go in a VW like a SVD, or whether if they're a lot smaller or cheaper to buy some unprotected for the SVD, and some protected for a mech mod

Didn't Pana buy out Sanyo's battery division?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast