Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bikam0wz

Thread: Coil rebuild.

AVF Regular

Coil rebuild.

Ok so I know it's been asked lots of times but I'm just after a clear and simple answer. I wanna rebuild my coils for mini protanks, protanks and evods. I wanna do micro coils with cotton wicks.

Question 1:

Where's the best place to get wire and what gauge?

Question 2:

What cotton do I use?

If I have the items I can pretty much YouTube a walk through in how to do it. I'm pretty handy with my hands so it shouldn't be much of a issue for me.
    I know it's been asked before but there's so many conflicting answers it gets confusing reading through them.

Tapin Like A Bawse
    Apparently I have to be a sheep or get punished.

AVF Regular
    I use 23g kanthal from vaping cobra for my protanks and evods it works well with no problems.
    I bought 28g kanthal for the micro coils and just strip cotton from a cotton ball from the missus`s make up thingy in the bathroom.
    My biggest fear is that I might die and my missus will sell my vape gear for what I told her it cost

Konstantinos Farsalinos Nothing will be offered to you. You have to fight for your rights....

I've had the most success following this build by rip tripper, use organic cotton wool balls from the chemist and 28g wire sourced from one of the aussie vendors (sorry, forget which one).
    Samtron likes this.

... lurkin' and a likin' and a learnin'...

any wire from any vendor
    and cotton balls from the chemist/woolies

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by coal miner View Post
    I use 23g kanthal from vaping cobra for my protanks and evods it works well with no problems.
    I bought 28g kanthal for the micro coils and just strip cotton from a cotton ball from the missus`s make up thingy in the bathroom.
    Thanks man. I ordered some 28g wire.

Quote Originally Posted by bikam0wz View Post
    I've had the most success following this build by rip tripper, use organic cotton wool balls from the chemist and 28g wire sourced from one of the aussie vendors (sorry, forget which one).
    Yeah I've seen a few of his YouTube clips. I also ordered some ss mesh cause I saw a rebuild where he used it and I'm keen to try.
    Cheers team!

Tapin Like A Bawse
    Apparently I have to be a sheep or get punished.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by coal miner View Post
    23g? Hrm, lots of wraps then? Or did you possibly mean 33g.

Could be fun seeing a 23g rebuild in an evod though.