Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

AGR Carto Tank Leaking

Hey

I have an AGR carto tank which I have not yet been able to fill without it leaking. The leaks are from the 510 connector as well as the side air holes. I've followed advice in YouTube videos and forum posts but nothing changes. I prime the carto, put it in the tank, start filling the tank, then as soon as the juice reaches the two 1mm holes in the carto the leaks start. The leaks don't stop until the juice is below the holes in the carto.

Any ideas???

Thanks guys.

AVF Regular
    If you have only tried 1 carto, try another as this one could be a dud. You get one every once in a while.
    Are you doing the 'condom method' to fill the carto?
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

Quote Originally Posted by ssstahly View Post
    If you have only tried 1 carto, try another as this one could be a dud. You get one every once in a while.
    Are you doing the 'condom method' to fill the carto?
    fil

I've tried two cartos with the same result. Yes, I filled the carto using the condom method. I had to refill the condom a few times though in order to completely fill the carto.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavlov View Post
    fil

I've tried two cartos with the same result. Yes, I filled the carto using the condom method. I had to refill the condom a few times though in order to completely fill the carto.
    Yeah cool. You did blow out the remaining juice that is left in the airway of the carto? By blowing in the drip tip end and using paper towel at the 510 end?

Yeah cool. You did blow out the remaining juice that is left in the airway of the carto? By blowing in the drip tip end and using paper towel at the 510 end?
    Certainly did.

AVF Regular
    I'm out of ideas.
    Carto tanks are quote 'slidy' and can leak if they slide up, but for it to leak when reaching the holes has got me buggered.
    Sorry I couldn't help mate. Someone will be along shortly with the answer.

I'm out of ideas.
    Carto tanks are quote 'slidy' and can leak if they slide up, but for it to leak when reaching the holes has got me buggered.
    Sorry I couldn't help mate. Someone will be along shortly with the answer.
    Thanks for trying mate. I appreciate the effort.

AVF Regular
    I had an AGR tank for a while. That leaking when filling is normal - not desirable, but normal.

It sounds like you're filling via the fill hole. The fill hole is flawed - it's not large enough to allow air to escape fast enough, even if you're not pushing the needle all the way in. This results in a build up of pressure in the tank, forcing the liquid through the carto, and out of the air holes and 510 connector (at least, this is what I think was happening).

I got around it by unscrewing the top cap for filling. I used the fill hole only for re-priming a drying carto on the go.

AVF Regular
    Also when screwing the top cap back on have the fill hole screw out, it allows air to escape.

Quote Originally Posted by Fractal View Post
    I had an AGR tank for a while. That leaking when filling is normal - not desirable, but normal.

It sounds like you're filling via the fill hole. The fill hole is flawed - it's not large enough to allow air to escape fast enough, even if you're not pushing the needle all the way in. This results in a build up of pressure in the tank, forcing the liquid through the carto, and out of the air holes and 510 connector (at least, this is what I think was happening).

I got around it by unscrewing the top cap for filling. I used the fill hole only for re-priming a drying carto on the go.
    I've tried both the fill hole and removing the top cap.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast