Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By lheamfrg
  • 1 Post By Saxien
  • 1 Post By kay67kay

Thread: Looking for battery info and recommendations

AVF Regular

Looking for battery info and recommendations

Hi all, couple of questions:

My ego batteries, (1100 mah) don't seem to be lasting as long as they did, is that likely to be because Im currently using Boge cartos instead of the ego atties I got in my starter kit? Do different devices drain your battery quicker? Just not sure if its the devices, or if the batts themselves are gonna kick the bucket (they have been doing a few Strange Things on the charger). Which leads me to my second question:

What would be a good next step in batteries if I decide to buy new ones? The old Ego ones were good while they were lasting me a full day and a half per charge. Ideally I'd like batteries that will hold a good charge for a long time, at this stage I'm not looking for variable voltage type batteries, simply because I don't understand all that stuff yet and wouldn't know enough to know why I want them! Basically for me, reliability > bells and whistles and aesthetics

Also, is it possible to get some kind of device like a transformer, so that I can power my gear straight from the mains rather than off a battery? Most of my work and nearly all of my social life is online, so if I could just plug a carto into a cable connected to a transformer, that'd be a little less wear and tear on the batteries, and leave them free and charged for the inevitable summer blackouts around our area. Is something like that possible? I'm so happy to be vaping and off the cigs that I'm now developing paranoias about being caught without enough gear, power and juice to last me through until Armageddon!

Thanks for any info!

AVF Regular
    Ego-c's run off usb passthrough. Just plug and charge through your PC's usb and you can vape along nicely

Batteries die, buy a couple of new ones and rotate them.
    Samtron and BlackDog like this.

AVF Regular
    sounds like what I need, I'll start saving

Thanks!

My 2 Joyetech 1100mah VW's are also starting to fade after nearly 18 months use, they still work alright but not for too long-1/2 hour or so?, they have been very good all that time but have ordered new ones to replace them-they do die like all batteries do after a while, really surprised they lasted this long with daily recharging
    BlackDog likes this.

AVF Regular
    Joye 1000mAh USB Passthrough EGO-T Battery
    these are good. you get decent life with them being 1000mah, and can just unscrew the bottom cap and plug into any usb connection to charge as you vape. great for if you spend a lot of time at the computer or in the car.
    BlackDog likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kay67kay View Post
    Joye 1000mAh USB Passthrough EGO-T Battery
    these are good. you get decent life with them being 1000mah, and can just unscrew the bottom cap and plug into any usb connection to charge as you vape. great for if you spend a lot of time at the computer or in the car.
    Perfect, that should do nicely. Thanks!