Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Provari - Is it worth it?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by llamabreath View Post
    Just to re-iterate others remarks - If you have the cash to spare - I would say do it.

I used mods like the VAMO, LavaTube, SID, Zmax for over a year before I bought a Provari - they are all really great mods, but they have all been since given away after I got my Provari.

Its not really about the functionality difference, because there is none. It is about the quality. The Provari is 1000 times better quality than all those other VV/VW device listed above - it doesnt do anything different, it doesn't have VW (most would argue there is 0 necessity or even difference between VV and VW, I would be one of those) it DOES feel top quality, it DOES look great (if thats your thing), it DOES work well.

I have honestly not picked up another VV device, other than a home made box mod, since I bought my Provari. In my opinion, money well spent.
    If you want to get technical about it... there is big differences between a vamo/bamboo/zmax and a provari. They use PWM, provari is straight voltage.

Could go into details about that... but i'll leave it at that tbh.

Tim - I can only go by my experience on comparing the PRovari to a vamo.

Vamo is starting to die, paint is chippin off and is due for replacement due to it currently starting to not fire when pressing the button. It's my wife's PV device and she likes it, but I don't. I don't like it that much, you can feel and hear the off/on of the coil (35hz or so) when vaping and makes me feel like it really is a personal massager, not vape. Not my cup of tea.

My PV is the provari, it just works. As you know, I have a concrete truck so it lives, works and plays in a harm environment all day, and it copes a hell of a flogging. And it works as well as the day I bought it.

The only down side in my opinion is the one button function, the menu to increase or decrease volts is not as simple as the vamo with its 3 button config.
    Combined Vape tally - $1,202.36 since 18JUL13
    His and hers provaris just destroyed my break even timeframe!!

I 2nd what Rolli says, my Provari is the shizz - it JUST WORKS lol I am now never without it. The vamo has been relegated to the box for testing and firing coils, the egos have all been loaned to other people to try.

Thanks all for the advice. I think it may be worth while getting one second-hand on here. I'm not too interested in getting technical with my equipment. I guess I want to be as simple as smoking used to be (as close as I can get anyway).

Pop on a tank of liquid and vape on...

All the mods and so forth just confuse me to be honest

Im also considering getting a provari, I have tried a friends and it was amazing, I am vaping the same juice as him and it really did taste so much better on the provari. I am pretty convinced, however my debate is to go with the mini or the normal provari. It kinda annoys me that the mini is exactly the same price as the normal unit and there is only 1cm difference in them, but I do prefer my PV to be a bit smaller, not really interested in carrying around a massive device just to vape.

What do most people use on here? Mini or the normal unit? Also found buying it direct from Provari at the moment, you get two batteries, charger and a kanger protank v2 cheaper than getting the whole kit minus the tank locally and posted... Has anyone else bought them direct from Provari?
    There's 10 types of people in this world that understand binary: those who do and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by m0n4g3 View Post
    Well... it is a better vape in that the voltage it provides is consistent. Day in day out, what you set... is what you get... even when the battery is down to 3.2v.

It's a real tough device, you can drop it and it will still work. Tried dropping your twists and seeing if the atty connection stay on? I can probably hazard a guess it won't.

It's also able to handle lower ohmage coils (eg 0.9ohms). This is probably useless to you AT THE MOMENT, but when you start getting into rebuildeables (every one does), this is really beneficial.

I've had my current provari for 9 months, dropped it about 10 times, still looks as good as when i first got it and still works just like i got it when i first got it too!
    *note to self don't buy a used provari from m0n4g3
    Last edited by Duke916; 03-10-13 at 09:33 PM.
    rolli likes this.
    The toys.... Ela x2 ,P+ 18350&18500,Billet Box, Just GG, Versa, Valkyrie,Rocket ,4x Strata, 2x Ody, Origen dripper, Cyclone dripper, Kayfun lite+.

Jman - I bought the mini, but soon after bought 'twins' to:
    a - fit my hand
    B - fit 650 batteries to last a whole day

Quote Originally Posted by rolli View Post
    Jman - I bought the mini, but soon after bought 'twins' to:
    a - fit my hand
    B - fit 650 batteries to last a whole day
    Ah so the 350 batteries really dont last too long in the provari's? I have heard a few people say this.

I currently use the iTaste v3 - goes flat in about 1.5days and I do a tank of juice every 2 days or there abouts, dont know if that makes me a heavy user but as en electronics engineer can understand how the provari' can run a battery down much quicker than a iTaste.

So recommendation is just go for the big one? I guess value for money makes sense considering they are both the same price at vapebar which makes no sense!
    There's 10 types of people in this world that understand binary: those who do and those who don't.

Seriously get a nemesis clone and an RSST from fastech. Learn how to roll a good coil. 0.6-0.8 ohm and you will get a better vape than any provari can give you for 55 bucks rather than 200+.

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    Im also considering getting a provari, I have tried a friends and it was amazing, I am vaping the same juice as him and it really did taste so much better on the provari. I am pretty convinced, however my debate is to go with the mini or the normal provari. It kinda annoys me that the mini is exactly the same price as the normal unit and there is only 1cm difference in them, but I do prefer my PV to be a bit smaller, not really interested in carrying around a massive device just to vape.

What do most people use on here? Mini or the normal unit? Also found buying it direct from Provari at the moment, you get two batteries, charger and a kanger protank v2 cheaper than getting the whole kit minus the tank locally and posted... Has anyone else bought them direct from Provari?
    have you looked into a vamo unit dude?uses 18650 battery/telescopic and well to be honest,does the same as a provari,minus the price tag

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast